• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Is he being sarcastic?

Yes, because kenpom had Houston top 5 and Illinois around 15. Kenpom consistently has the best rankings - once of the reasons it was painful to have #74 Rutgers in the tournament ahead of #33 Wake Forest.

Yes, because kenpom had Houston top 5 and Illinois around 15. Kenpom consistently has the best rankings - once of the reasons it was painful to have #74 Rutgers in the tournament ahead of #33 Wake Forest.

The ACC is annoying for not more effectively manipulating archaic ranking metrics like the B1G, but it’s even more annoying that the world has to watch teams like Rutgers and Indiana despite everybody knowing that they’re trash. Indiana got blown out by a Saint Mary’s team that was pretty pedestrian.

Also, McCaffery and Iowa disappointed again? Who could have possibly guessed that… oh.

Just a trash conference that gets a boost by being overrated annually in pre-season rankings. When 9 teams make the NCAA tournament it just ensures that the same shit is going to happen next year, too.

The scheduling of this is so dumb
I'm sure it makes sense for ratings, but 2 games between noon and 5:20 ET and then 6 games from 5:20 til the end of the night is not exactly ideal for us viewers who want to watch as much of every game as possible.

Time to end the K farewell tour, Sparty.

Yeah, his rankings versus the NCAA seeds make it a pretty obvious game of Sesame Street's One of These Things:

1. Gonzaga (1 seed)
2. Houston (5 seed)
3. Baylor (1 seed)
4. Arizona (1 seed)
5. Kansas (1 seed)

I'm sure it makes sense for ratings, but 2 games between noon and 5:20 ET and then 6 games from 5:20 til the end of the night is not exactly ideal for us viewers who want to watch as much of every game as possible.

Time to end the K farewell tour, Sparty.

CBS and Turner pay roughly the same amount each year from what I've heard, so of course CBS is going to have some exclusive windows baked into that. Plus Turner knows they will get better ratings at night on Saturday/Sunday of the first weekend. Still better than the setup we used to have (even if my local CBS station was one of the ones who offered all 4 game feeds very early in the process.

There have been two blatant Duke offensive fouls not called that immediately resulted in 4 Duke points in the last 2 min.

So for the record I’m all for Duke knocking out another Big 10 team, but fuck all these calls Duke gets…

Moore just straight mugged that Mich St guy while driving to rim and got the call

My chief consolation about Duke and UNC is that for either and especially Duke, anything short of a Final Four is basically a failure for their programs, and forgotten.

The physicality of this Iowa State/Wisconsin game is absurd. Every possession features 3-4 fouls that seem to go uncalled. I get that no one wants to sit through a free throw contest, but this is like watching 5 Charles Oakleys playing 5 Bill Laimbeers.

The physicality of this Iowa State/Wisconsin game is absurd. Every possession features 3-4 fouls that seem to go uncalled. I get that no one wants to sit through a free throw contest, but this is like watching 5 Charles Oakleys playing 5 Bill Laimbeers.

And then blow a whistle for shot clock violation on a fast break haha

My chief consolation about Duke and UNC is that for either and especially Duke, anything short of a Final Four is basically a failure for their programs, and forgotten.

And sadly, anything short of a NIT bid is a failure for us, and also forgotten.
#tiers

Back