• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

can former players become NIL sponsors?

i could see UK creating a mentorship-type program, where incoming players get paired with pro mentors

FWIW, I could see Chris Paul doing something like that too.

sharing this tweet because I know Creamy wants to be apart of it

But for real, a gaming/e-sports NIL would do well especially when EA College Football comes back.

FWIW, I could see Chris Paul doing something like that too.

So could I, along with a lot of other players, especially on the football side. A lot of the guys I went to school with who were in the NFL are still huge WF fball followers. They write about all the games on social media, follow our recruits, go to games. I’ve always felt this could be a big opportunity for us with NIL.

eSports coming to some of the community colleges in NC soon, if not already in place.

along the NIL front, women's hoop stars and Instagram (and more) millionaires the Cavinder twins are transferring to Miami - they have their own NIL money and were very successful making coin at Fresno, obviously, but Miami seems to be doing a good job of securing/promoting NIL for its athletes.

960x0.jpg

I'd heard of them before but I didn't realize how good they are. Haley almost averages a double-double and shot .373 from deep and went 109-112 from the line. Hanna is no slouch either.

For those who don't follow women's hoops, the Wake-Miami game was one of the worst games I've watched in awhile. Wake won 47-46. Then Miami beat Wake handily in the Joel a few weeks later. They went on a late tear, beat some ranked teams, and made the ACCT Final to get an #8 seed. They beat USF and lost to SC in the 2nd round. Miami went from 7-5 in mid-January to making the tournament and landing two huge transfers.

Speculated that the Cavinder Twins already make $3 million+ in endorsement deals: https://www.si.com/college/2021/07/01/hanna-haley-cavinder-twins-nil-deal-basketball-tiktok

FWIW, those girls are miles ahead of whatever NIL program that Miami has in place. They are the model of how college athletes can maximize their NIL potential. Once hoop is over, if they want to they could start a business in educating colleges and college athletes on how to cash in on NIL.

The fact that both are good players despite making $3 million+ in NIL addresses the "distraction" argument. For all the focus on what NIL will do for men's basketball and football, it's huge for women's athletics. They're already making more than a pro basketball salary.

step one to maximizing one's NIL money is to have an image that people want to see

as stated above, the twins clearly don't need Miami (although South Beach is a logical place for influencers to set up shop)

Miami does have a booster who claims to be hooking people up with NIL $ and blowing smoke about helping in recruiting:

Update: as Ruiz predicted, the Canes got Johnson, the LB from UCLA. And as posted in the Top Hat Collective thread, Ruiz is announcing paying Nigel Pack $800k (plus a car) to transfer from KState.

Caleb Love is going back to UNC.

Lol we are going to lose our starting 5 from an NIT team and UNC is going to bring back their best players from a final 4 team. NIL is going quite well so far.

Back