• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

The Holes deserve every minute of this miserable season. I hope they lose by 40 at VT. And then I hope they beat K on senior night. Lol.

UNC dropped 8 spots (45) in NET after last night. ND (58) dropped 3 spots as well. Miami moved up 4 (63).

Wake remains at 38. VT at 36.

Every day that Huebert stays as coach as UNC is a good day for the rest of the acc

Every day that Huebert stays as coach as UNC is a good day for the rest of the acc

Yup. Lunardi now has them in the last 4 in, and I'm hoping VT boat races them Saturday. I was looking at Saturday's ACC schedule, and tix for the UVA@Mia game were as low as $8, and tix for UNC@VT were as low as $307. Miami, you're 3rd in the conference.

If you lived in Miami why would you go sit inside for 2-3 hours on February?

Lunardi move us up to a 9 (I guess, we have an up arrow), in Arizona's bracket. If this team is motivated by anything, it should be, besides the obvious making the tournament, get the ACC double buy, if possible get the ACCT 3 seed to see dook in the finals, move our of the 8/9 NCAAT seeding so you don't get the 1 seed in the 2nd game.

Hardest one would be getting the 3 seed in the ACCT since we need ND or Miami to lose some games, preferably ND, assuming we beat them.

UNC is a 12 seed in the play-in game. Would love to see how that goes down with their fan base.

Lunardi move us up to a 9 (I guess, we have an up arrow), in Arizona's bracket. If this team is motivated by anything, it should be, besides the obvious making the tournament, get the ACC double buy, if possible get the ACCT 3 seed to see dook in the finals, move our of the 8/9 NCAAT seeding so you don't get the 1 seed in the 2nd game.

Hardest one would be getting the 3 seed in the ACCT since we need ND or Miami to lose some games, preferably ND, assuming we beat them.

UNC is a 12 seed in the play-in game. Would love to see how that goes down with their fan base.

UNC didn't exactly learn that lesson the last time. Doh!

Much like our last two 'so called coaches' UNC has to be good enough to keep Davis around for a while. Unless they go out and hire Bzzz or DM, the odds are they can get some one that can leverage their history etc.

Going to be hard to get UNC to become the FSU of football.

I would rather be a ten or eleven seed. Same difficulty of first round opponent with less difficult second round, theoretically.

I would rather be a ten or eleven seed. Same difficulty of first round opponent with less difficult second round, theoretically.

Likely Wake
seed/
game 1 game 2 game 3
opponent
9/8 ----> 1 (16) ---> 4 (5, 12, 16)
10/7 ----> 2 (15) ---> 3 (6, 11, 15)
11/6 ----> 3 (14) ---> 2 (7, 10, 14)
12/5 ----> 4 (13) ---> 1 (8, 9, 16)

Seed number in () is less likely, but not impossible opponent seed.
For a team like Wake that is playing better and is a stronger team at the end of the season, the 11 or 12 seed may be an easier path to the Sweet 16. Tougher first game (5 or 6 seed, but relatively easier second game (3 or 4 seed).

I tend to agree with the above by Deaconblue. The two issues with it are: a) if we are in that range we will be dangerously close to missing the tournament altogether as it currently looks like the last 8 teams in will be 4 12s/4 11s. And b) as currently projected, the four 12s that aren’t an auto qualifier are currently slated for the play-in round — which has to decrease your odds of moving on as well.

Better to realize that playing better could get you to a 7 and an outside shot of a 6. Getting an 11 or 12 means that we have done our job poorly down the stretch of the ACC. And I don't think as a fanbase we would feel 'lucky' to have a theoretical easier path.

Rather play strong and miss the 7 and wind up as an 8/9, than play weaker and squeak into the field.

The Athletic bracketologists have Wake as an 11 seed as of yesterday. And Wakes opponent today as a 12/first four game.

Clemson's P.J. Hall left today's game early with a foot injury - the same foot that's been bothering him all season.

Inspired by Pilchard's drumbeat about ND's pitiful conference schedule, I got to wondering how UNC could be 10-5 considering how shitty they are. Turns out, the heels are 3-4 against the top 8 teams in the conference (those with winning ACC records) and 8-1 against teams with a losing record. Similarly, ND is 3-3 against the top 8 teams and 9-1 against the bottom of the league.

By contrast Wake is 5-5 and 6-1 respectively.

Edited to include the UNC win at VaTech just now.

Last edited:
If UNC loses another game and we win out, then we are the #4 seed.

Back