• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Have any of our players who entered the portal after last season making an impact anywhere?

Masoud is at K-State, pretty sure he wouldn't fit on this team. Ody might be the one that would had the most value to this team.

Johnson has had a good year at Mercer. Wilkins could make the Dance at Longwood. Everyone else is on the bench fighting for playing time.

How the fuck is Virginia tech still #33 in KenPom even after losing to UNC at home.

How the fuck is Virginia tech still #33 in KenPom even after losing to UNC at home.

KP and NET love teams that lose close games to top-50ish teams.

VT being 1 spot behind WF in NET seems silly to me. They are 0-5 Quad 1, and have less wins in every quad than us besides Quad 2 (WF 5-3, VT 5-4). Their non conference sked was decent but not super hard. Not sure why they are getting such love.

We should never play an easy ooc again the Forbes era. Nothing to gain from it.

If you tried could you really make an OOC schedule that bad. I mean who though Oregon State was going to be horrid. I do think you could get better bad teams to at least make your OOC better without playing the #1 OOC schedule.

I think it was 2002 when we had a top 10 OOC and were on the bubble because we were not winning those games.

Just remember that VT is our loan Quad 1 win, so thankfully they played hard enough to stay there. Zero wins looks so much worse than 1.

There was a ton to gain from it. We had almost an entirely new team. They needed to learn to play together without being beaten down by a bunch of good teams. Was it too easy? Probably, but usually 4ish P5 teams is a normal OOC. We had no idea that Oregon State would be god awful. We probably should've added one more P5 game. I'm fine with basically every other game we played.

KP and NET love teams that lose close games to top-50ish teams.

VT being 1 spot behind WF in NET seems silly to me. They are 0-5 Quad 1, and have less wins in every quad than us besides Quad 2 (WF 5-3, VT 5-4). Their non conference sked was decent but not super hard. Not sure why they are getting such love.

Wake is way ahead of schedule this season and, as mentioned, probably needed those games to get actual game time together for a bunch of guys that just met in the off season. I wouldn't expect Forbes to schedule that weak again, but it was completely justified this season.

I doubt Forbes will schedule that weak again. I do think that the SOS next year is highly correlated with who stays. For example, if none of the players with a 5th/6th year option stay and LaRavia leaves, the schedule won't be much stronger than last year. But if they all stay, I think we add the best in-season tournament that will have us and some solid mid-majors.

KP SOS is loosely based on the median OOC opponent - so you can have 4 total duds out of 11 as long as you schedule 7 teams you think will be decent (top 100-ish is fine) and 6 of them turn out to actually be decent

Last edited:
This is absolutely a resume-building win for UNC against a Louisville team who's 2-10 in their last 12 ACC games!!!

FSU has completely fallen off. Lost by 16 at BC.

Back