• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

North Texas State has been top of their conference, which should get one bid. If it's not NTS, NTS could be a bid stealer, because, as noted above, they are a bubble team. I don't know if a loss today would totally knock them out of the tournament.

Quick question, not sure if anybody here knows. I've been watching a lot of sports programming but can't find out if Duke has a game today. Anybody have info?

Quick question, not sure if anybody here knows. I've been watching a lot of sports programming but can't find out if Duke has a game today. Anybody have info?

Probably on Bally Sports. I’d check there.

I’ve settled on an estimate that the ACC will get 5 bids, no more, no less.

So if WF wins the 4-5 game on Wednesday, we are safe. If we lose that game, we worry about whether VT can steal our bid by beating, most likely, Notre Dame in the 2-7 game, or UVA, by winning the whole thing in Brooklyn (and also worrying that ND and UNC hang in despite also losing in the quarters)

Just put on a duke shirt and scalp a ticket at Cameron indoor stadium!

I’ve settled on an estimate that the ACC will get 5 bids, no more, no less.

So if WF wins the 4-5 game on Wednesday, we are safe. If we lose that game, we worry about whether VT can steal our bid by beating, most likely, Notre Dame in the 2-7 game, or UVA, by winning the whole thing in Brooklyn (and also worrying that ND and UNC hang in despite also losing in the quarters)

You are too worried. I believe Wake has solidified their spot and none of these games will impact that. It now comes down to seeding. Lose on Wednesday and may find themselves as low as 11. Run the table (including a Duke win) and may climb as high as 6.

You are too worried. I believe Wake has solidified their spot and none of these games will impact that. It now comes down to seeding. Lose on Wednesday and may find themselves as low as 11. Run the table (including a Duke win) and may climb as high as 6.

I don't think there is a potential for nearly that amount of a seed swing based on 10% of the season (11 or out could happen, but I don't believe 6 can)

It's disgusting. So much slobbing that asshole's knob over the last 3 days. I'll skip that and take in the Baylor game and catch up on the news to see what Putin is up to. And I'm gonna love when they don't survive the 1st weekend.

So much for that 10-2 start Louval. UVA went on a 34-7 run after that.

lewisville getting hammered by the cavs

BC losing at GT. If these two results hold, and Pitt loses to Notre Dame, the 12-13 game will be BC-Pitt, and WF would get the winner. Louisville would be the #11 seed.

If UVA continues to blow out L'ville, the could move up to a Quad 1 win for us.

Feel free to check me on this, but here's what I think our "rooting interest" scorecard looks like today. Spreads are off of the ESPN site, so take them for what they're worth...

12:00 Alabama at LSU (-3.5). LSU to help the NET #.
12:00 UVA(-4.5) at Lousiville. A UVA win could push them above 75 in the NET giving us a 2nd Quad 1 win. Sneaky big game for us.
12:30 Davidson at Dayton(-3.5). Davidson is solidly in and Dayton is far enough off the bubble that this one likely doesn't matter much, but to the extent Davidson is closer to us in seeding I'm for Dayton.
1:00 Miami at Syracuse(-1.5). Watching to see if Buddy is held under 30 points. Though to the extent Miami is a fellow bubble team, we could use them losing.
2:00 Kentucky(-5) at Florida. Florida is on the bubble, so I hope they get trounced.
2:00 Indiana at Purdue(-10). Hoping for bubble team Indiana to lose.
2:00 Virginia Tech(-3) at Clemson. Clemson to keep VaTech off the bubble.
2:00 TCU at West Virginia(-2.5). TCU is listed as an 8 seed. They probably don't have much to worry about after wins against Kansas and Texas Tech lately, but a loss here wouldn't hurt us.
2:30 VMI vs Wofford(-6). A VMI win keeps them in as a certain Q3 win for us.
2:30 Seton Hall at Creighton(-1). Creighton is a 9 seed, so it might be nice for them to take a couple more losses.
3:00 North Texas(-5) at UTEP. North Texas is on the bubble.
3:30 Loyola(-4) vs. Northern Iowa. Loyola could very well be out with a loss.
4:00 Oregon at Washington State(-2). Ducks can't afford a loss.
4:00 Oklahoma at Kansas State(-2.5). Oklahoma's strength of schedule has them on the fringes of the bubble.
4:00 VCU at St. Louis(-2.5). VCU is on the bubble.
4:00 Fresno State at Wyoming(-4). Wyoming was solidly in before a 2-4 stretch the last few weeks.
6:00 unc at duke(-11.5). A UNC loss is probably the right thing for us, but I'll just hope that the earth swallows up Cameron and the rest of the duke campus.
7:00 Georgetown at Xavier(-12.5). Xavier is in free fall and in real trouble if it loses tonight.
8:30 Morehead State vs. Murray State(-7). Murray State here to prevent a bid thief.
8:30 Boise State at Colorado State(-3.5). These are both projected 7 seeds so no real Wake impact, but I'm fascinated to watch this game. Should be a good one.
9:00 St. Johns at Marquette(-4.5). Are the Fightin' Shakas in peril with a couple more losses? Let's find out.
10:30 BYU vs San Francisco(-2). BYU definitely out with a loss, but are they in with a win? Might be a tourney-elimination game.
10:30 San Diego State(-3) at Nevada. SDSU is shown around a 10 seed, so pulling for Nevada here.

Any others we should be keeping track of?

Pardon the self-quote, but I'm going to carry this forward every so often so I don't have to go back too many pages.

One game going on right now that I didn't mention is the USC Upstate vs. Longwood game in the Big South semifinals. Since we played Upstate earlier this year, we could get a slight SOS bump from them winning.

And of course, Buddy's already got 8 at the under 16 timeout mark.

Last edited:
Buddy B with 8 points at the first TO

If you’re referring to this in the context of the scoring title, it goes through the end of the tournament per Conor on Twitter the other day.

Ahh, but ACC POY is announced Monday, right? Better to be the only scoring and assist leader before the final vote.

I don't think there is a potential for nearly that amount of a seed swing based on 10% of the season (11 or out could happen, but I don't believe 6 can)

I have Wake currently on the 9 line. So maybe the variance is down to 11 or up to 7. Although if they are 27-8, ACC champs with a recent win over Duke, I don’t think 6 is out of the question.

Back