• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

I’ve got Wake #38, 10 seed. UNC #32, an 8-seed — and had them one team behind us before they beat Duke. I think a similar overall record against a harder schedule, that win being better than anything we have, 15-5 in conference and the 3 seed, and moving ahead of us in most analytic rankings probably overrides the h2h win by Wake, but it’s not by a ton.

#44-47 is the Dayton teams, so we aren’t well ahead of there, and it’s possible I’ve let my Wake bias (I think this team is really good) leak in even while working hard not to let it influence too much.

I don’t care about clicks or whatever, but if you click on QP on the bracket matrix, that’s me. It’s my 6th time officially predicting the brackets, though I’ve done it unofficially for probably the last 20 years, so far more thought than it’s worth about what goes into group decision making, etc. The last time I filled this out was 2017 (the last time we were in the mix) and I finished 2nd place if you click on his standings there. I’ve had a below average year too, so don’t take anything I say as gospel.

thanks for posting that. 4 of the teams you have between WF and the Dayton teams (Davidson, SDSU, N Texas, Loyola) are hopefully auto-bids, meaning as of right now you have WF 5 places above Dayton (i.e., one line above the last four byes). So your last 4 in are Miami, Xavier, and whomever your worst 2 10 seeds are, right above WF.

Is our thin Quad 1&2 resume entirely due to our weak OOC schedule, or was our ACC schedule really that mediocre? It just seems unlikely that even with an average difficulty schedule we would have played 7 more Quad 1 games.

The ACC is very mediocre.

12 of 14 B1G teams are in KP's top 100 (#13 Minn is #107)
All of the Big XII is in KP's top 71
11 of 14 SEC teams are top 100 (Miss is #105)
9 of 11 Big East teams are top 100. DePaul is horrible and they have a KP of 99

9 of 15 ACC teams are top 100 (FSU is #101). UVA is KP's 7th-best ACC team; all of the Big XII is rated ahead of UVA

Edited to add: the ACC is mediocre, but typically we should be playing 4-5 Quad 1/2 type games every year. Hopefully we get a decent tournament and a good matchup in the ACC/B1G challenge next year

Last edited:
This color analyst on the Horizon League game is gushing about Forbes and Alondes, picks Wake as his dark horse to win the ACCT. Says he likes Forbes for National COY, but thinks it'll go to Sampson.

NCAA Tournament Selection Committee
The 2021-2022 Selection Committee (the year the term is up is in parenthesis):

TOM BURNETT (2022) – Southland Conference Commissioner (Chairman)

MIKE O’BRIEN (2022) – Toledo Athletic Director

BERNADETTE MCGLADE (2023) – Atlantic 10 Commissioner

CHRIS REYNOLDS (2023) – Bradley Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics (Vice-Chairman)

CHARLES MCCLELLAND (2024) – SWAC Commissioner

JAMIE POLLARD (2024) – Iowa State Athletic Director

BUBBA CUNNINGHAM (2025) – North Carolina Athletic Director

MARK COYLE (2026) – Minnesota Athletic Director

MARTIN JARMOND (2026) – UCLA Athletic Director

GREG BYRNE (2026) – Alabama Athletic Director

KEITH GILL (2026) – Sun Belt Commissioner

BARRY COLLIER (2026) – Butler Athletic Director

Appreciate the info. I looked at your last update and feel like I’m on a anti-Xavier tour, but how do you justify them making it?
Maybe there were enough great wins over the weekend, but does seem like Wake was us being “punished” for having the weekend off. With 15 ACC teams, one a year will be given the final weekend off.

You’ve mostly got it right. They’ve basically gone from a 5-seed in my first draft to maybe not making it in 4 weeks. Probably the largest slide. The only reason they’re still in is the competition on the bubble keeps losing too. Who replaces them? Indiana? BYU?

Wins over UConn, Ohio State, Marquette, @Oklahoma St, VT, and Creighton x2 is better than most even with losses mounting. A loss to DePaul looks bad but not horrendous and that’s it. The last ten doesn’t really get special treatment any more, so the good start holds up some. That said, if they lose to Butler this week, they could be in trouble.

Chattanooga and Furman both had stretches where they struggled to score for long periods. They get to OT and nobody can miss.

Back