• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

The urge to see K lose his final game with all those players in attendance superseded everything else for me.

I hope the person who paid $1 million at an auction for four tickets had fun. At least it was probably for some charity.

FSU seems to be getting healthy, not sure a 10-10 FSU is what you would want to see in the ACC qtrs (i.e. dook).

The ACC may be down but if seeds hold we could see:

#1 dook vs. #8 FSU
#2 ND vs. #7 VT
#3 UNC vs. #6 UVA
#4 Miami vs. #5 Wake

It theory that would probably be worth paying to see.

This. I was saying last week FSU after their game at UVA is getting healthier and better. They're the 1 team below the top 5 seeds that could make a run to the title game. And I'd love to see them take out Duke. Duke has been coasting and playing poor defense for weeks.

And there is nothing better in life than seeing Dukies crying in the stands.

The urge to see K lose his final game with all those players in attendance superseded everything else for me.

I hope the person who paid $1 million at an auction for four tickets had fun. At least it was probably for some charity.

This was me....plus I've got two brothers who are Goat alums. So it's easier to root for the Heels and see the Crazies with all those salty tears

This. I was saying last week FSU after their game at UVA is getting healthier and better. They're the 1 team below the top 5 seeds that could make a run to the title game. And I'd love to see them take out Duke. Duke has been coasting and playing poor defense for weeks.

And there is nothing better in life than seeing Dukies crying in the stands.

:thumbsup: :tear:

:laugh:

With this morning's NET release, UVA moved up a mere 2 spots to #77. UNC is at #32 and we moved down to #38.

Here are the games I have my eye on for today:

12:00 Houston(-2.5) at Memphis. Memphis is showing up as a Last 4 team, so it would be nice for them to catch a beatdown.
12:00 Penn St. at Rutgers(-6). See Memphis blurb above.
12:30 Michigan at Ohio St.(-4.5). See Rutgers/Memphis blurbs above.
2:00 Loyola(-4.5) vs. Drake. A reversal from yesterday, we're Ramblers fans to prevent a bid thief.
3:00 Tulane at SMU(-9.5). SMU is right on the cut-line and a loss would probably make them NIT-bound.
4:30 Maryland at Michigan St.(-6). Spartans are pretty safe, but sliding. But, Danny Manning on the road means Michigan State can coast through this one.
7:30 Minnesota at Northwestern(-7.5). With some luck, maybe Northwestern can climb from #86 to Top 75 in the NET to give us another Q2 win? Northwestern and Oregon State really didn't hold up their end of the Strength of Schedule bargain with us this year.

Here are the games I have my eye on for today:

12:00 Houston(-2.5) at Memphis. Memphis is showing up as a Last 4 team, so it would be nice for them to catch a beatdown.
12:00 Penn St. at Rutgers(-6). See Memphis blurb above.
12:30 Michigan at Ohio St.(-4.5). See Rutgers/Memphis blurbs above.
2:00 Loyola(-4.5) vs. Drake. A reversal from yesterday, we're Ramblers fans to prevent a bid thief.
3:00 Tulane at SMU(-9.5). SMU is right on the cut-line and a loss would probably make them NIT-bound.
4:30 Maryland at Michigan St.(-6). Spartans are pretty safe, but sliding. But, Danny Manning on the road means Michigan State can coast through this one.
7:30 Minnesota at Northwestern(-7.5). With some luck, maybe Northwestern can climb from #86 to Top 75 in the NET to give us another Q2 win? Northwestern and Oregon State really didn't hold up their end of the Strength of Schedule bargain with us this year.

I'm rooting for Loyola anyway. Murray St and Loyola have been my favorite small conference watches the last few years. And Murray St winning last night prevented a bid thief. We're safely in even if we lose our 1st game. If you look at Lunardi's last 8 out, VT, Ind, Ore, VCU and Fla all lost yesterday, some of them badly. Add to that there is little bid thievery going on so far this year. And we're not even in his last 8 in, although UNC will be moving up out of that group. Worst case scenario for us is lose to BC and be an 11 seed. All 5 ACC teams appear safely in. FSU would have to win it, and UVA or VT would at least have to get to the fiinal to get in. And VT is only 7 deep and UVA only 6.5 deep. I just don't see that happening. Same goes for the other big conferences - they're all top heavy. If you're an 8 seed, you might get an upset here or there, but there is too much chalk to win the whole thing. Take the SEC, can you see a lower seed getting through all of Aub, Bama, Tenn, Ky and LSU? It's time to stop worrying.

With this morning's NET release, UVA moved up a mere 2 spots to #77. UNC is at #32 and we moved down to #38.

Of course there is some complex math behind this. It would be interesting to see what drives each change. Always feels like the less Wake plays the worse NET gets.

Boise St. lost and didn't move at all at 28.

Plus the numbers just seem to mess with us. UVA at 77, when 75 makes them a Quad 1 win, UNC jumps up to 32 when 30 makes them a Quad 1 win. But 'ville moves from 133 to 138 to make them a Quad 3 loss.

Interesting since that could slip us to 3-4 in Quad 1, where #12 UCLA is 4-4, #2 AZ is 5-3

Unfortunately playing Miami will do nothing for any of that since they are 59.

we are even 3rd to last in on Palm.

Well, he has UNC as an 11. I'm anti-UNC as the next but that seems wrong. Last night he said if UNC had to play GT and lost they'd be back on the bubble.

A reversal from yesterday, 4:30 Maryland at Michigan St.(-6). Spartans are pretty safe, but sliding. But, Danny Manning on the road means Michigan State can coast through this one.

It's also on a day ending in "y."

Memphis destroying Houston, they'll improve. Mich leading Ohio st. Rutgers looks to be holding on.

We'll see.

Rutgers tried to throw it away but Penn St. took a crappy last shot.

I agree with this field Lunardi tweeted out last night, seems like a pretty clear deliniation between the ins and outs at the moment. Gonna get interesting if/when a bid gets stolen:

I'm rooting for Loyola anyway. Murray St and Loyola have been my favorite small conference watches the last few years. And Murray St winning last night prevented a bid thief. We're safely in even if we lose our 1st game. If you look at Lunardi's last 8 out, VT, Ind, Ore, VCU and Fla all lost yesterday, some of them badly. Add to that there is little bid thievery going on so far this year. And we're not even in his last 8 in, although UNC will be moving up out of that group. Worst case scenario for us is lose to BC and be an 11 seed. All 5 ACC teams appear safely in. FSU would have to win it, and UVA or VT would at least have to get to the fiinal to get in. And VT is only 7 deep and UVA only 6.5 deep. I just don't see that happening. Same goes for the other big conferences - they're all top heavy. If you're an 8 seed, you might get an upset here or there, but there is too much chalk to win the whole thing. Take the SEC, can you see a lower seed getting through all of Aub, Bama, Tenn, Ky and LSU? It's time to stop worrying.

I’m more worried about the A10, MWC, and AAC than the top tier. Loyola now too. The more of these we dodge without the available spots shrinking though, the better I’ll feel.

I agree with this field Lunardi tweeted out last night, seems like a pretty clear deliniation between the ins and outs at the moment. Gonna get interesting if/when a bid gets stolen:

updated a bit ago. even though notre dame and wake forest didn't play, of course they switch spots (at least how it looks)

Lunardi seems to change his mind on no new information frequently. I think last Sat night he says we are safely in, then on Sunday he has us as the last 4 in.

It would seem that if we were not one of the last 4 in, on the previous version, we'd now have an arrow showing us as dropping.

Seems we move up and then spend the rest of the week/weekend dropping.

I doubt it would happen but it would not shock me to see our path to the ACCT, being

- BC
- Miami
- FSU
- UVA

We could win the ACCT and not beat a single Quad 1 team.

Lunardi seems to change his mind on no new information frequently. I think last Sat night he says we are safely in, then on Sunday he has us as the last 4 in.

It would seem that if we were not one of the last 4 in, on the previous version, we'd now have an arrow showing us as dropping.

Seems we move up and then spend the rest of the week/weekend dropping.

I doubt it would happen but it would not shock me to see our path to the ACCT, being

- BC
- Miami
- FSU
- UVA

We could win the ACCT and not beat a single Quad 1 team.

if we win the ACCT, I don't care how many Quad 1 wins we have

Back