• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Debbie Antonelli said it on the ACC Network broadcast too.

Now I really want to face UNC in the ACC tourney…

You know the ACC overlords will work harder than usual to set up a Coach K revenge game in the ACC Tournament.

You know the ACC overlords will work harder than usual to set up a Coach K revenge game in the ACC Tournament.

Well the refs allowed both teams to play physical. Strange what happens when the national media is watching.

Feel free to check me on this, but here's what I think our "rooting interest" scorecard looks like today. Spreads are off of the ESPN site, so take them for what they're worth...

12:00 Alabama at LSU (-3.5). LSU to help the NET #.
12:00 UVA(-4.5) at Lousiville. A UVA win could push them above 75 in the NET giving us a 2nd Quad 1 win. Sneaky big game for us.
12:30 Davidson at Dayton(-3.5). Davidson is solidly in and Dayton is far enough off the bubble that this one likely doesn't matter much, but to the extent Davidson is closer to us in seeding I'm for Dayton.
1:00 Miami at Syracuse(-1.5). Watching to see if Buddy is held under 30 points. Though to the extent Miami is a fellow bubble team, we could use them losing.
2:00 Kentucky(-5) at Florida. Florida is on the bubble, so I hope they get trounced.
2:00 Indiana at Purdue(-10). Hoping for bubble team Indiana to lose.
2:00 Virginia Tech(-3) at Clemson. Clemson to keep VaTech off the bubble.
2:00 TCU at West Virginia(-2.5). TCU is listed as an 8 seed. They probably don't have much to worry about after wins against Kansas and Texas Tech lately, but a loss here wouldn't hurt us.
2:30 VMI vs Wofford(-6). A VMI win keeps them in as a certain Q3 win for us.
2:30 Seton Hall at Creighton(-1). Creighton is a 9 seed, so it might be nice for them to take a couple more losses.
3:00 North Texas(-5) at UTEP. North Texas is on the bubble.
3:30 Loyola(-4) vs. Northern Iowa. Loyola could very well be out with a loss.
4:00 Oregon at Washington State(-2). Ducks can't afford a loss.
4:00 Oklahoma at Kansas State(-2.5). Oklahoma's strength of schedule has them on the fringes of the bubble.
4:00 VCU at St. Louis(-2.5). VCU is on the bubble.
4:00 Fresno State at Wyoming(-4). Wyoming was solidly in before a 2-4 stretch the last few weeks.
6:00 unc at duke(-11.5). A UNC loss is probably the right thing for us, but I'll just hope that the earth swallows up Cameron and the rest of the duke campus.
7:00 Georgetown at Xavier(-12.5). Xavier is in free fall and in real trouble if it loses tonight.
8:30 Morehead State vs. Murray State(-7). Murray State here to prevent a bid thief.
8:30 Boise State at Colorado State(-3.5). These are both projected 7 seeds so no real Wake impact, but I'm fascinated to watch this game. Should be a good one.
9:00 St. Johns at Marquette(-4.5). Are the Fightin' Shakas in peril with a couple more losses? Let's find out.
10:30 BYU vs San Francisco(-2). BYU definitely out with a loss, but are they in with a win? Might be a tourney-elimination game.
10:30 San Diego State(-3) at Nevada. SDSU is shown around a 10 seed, so pulling for Nevada here.

Any others we should be keeping track of?

Sure, the UNC game didn't necessarily help us, but don't forget... fuck duke.

Last edited:
Well the refs allowed both teams to play physical. Strange what happens when the national media is watching.

Refs just completely swallowed their whistles, particularly in the second half. Only expected that to happen on one end of the court.

North Texas lost to UTEP. Pushing NTSU closer to the wrong side of the bubble. Decreasing their bid steal capability.

FSU seems to be getting healthy, not sure a 10-10 FSU is what you would want to see in the ACC qtrs (i.e. dook).

The ACC may be down but if seeds hold we could see:

#1 dook vs. #8 FSU
#2 ND vs. #7 VT
#3 UNC vs. #6 UVA
#4 Miami vs. #5 Wake

It theory that would probably be worth paying to see.

Clemson made the Wake win over VaTech worth a little less.

UNC win technically hurts us, using KP as the measure they jumped ahead of us, so our marginal gain is not worth the return.

What a game for Morehead’s Broome. Really impressed, but Murray State wins.

The WCC court is so ugly it is difficult to watch.

For those who like crazy, McNeese St. and Houston Baptist are in the 4th OT and the score is 141-141.

Some interesting stats from this one. Houston Baptist's Darius Lee went for 51 points, 18 boards, and 5 assists. The teams combined for 80-109 in FT attempts.

HBU managed to win 149-144.

Last edited:
Sure, the UNC game didn't necessarily help us, but don't forget... fuck duke.

The UNC win puts them in the bracket opposite Wake and Duke. Their loss would have meant they would probably have had to bet Wake and Duke to even get to the ACC title game. NEVER PULL FOR THE BLUE GOATS!

Back