• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Guess on the bright side we get to play one more game in the ACCT to pad the NCAAT win total. :thumbsup:

Miami can lose out, will only be a small fave against BC. And I suspect they won't beat cuse @ cuse on Senior Day.

C'mon Iggles

This is why you can't trust the narrative on the NCAAT bids. UNC beats quad 3 'cuse at home and Lunardi puts them safely in the field while Wake destroy's their home quad 3 game and we slip to last 4 byes.

It would be interesting to see the home-away-neutral quad 1 records, of course I say this because Wake won at VT, only played dook at home, lost to dook away, Miami away and LSU neutral. The ACC just doesn't have any quad 1 teams to send to Winston.

This is why you can't trust the narrative on the NCAAT bids. UNC beats quad 3 'cuse at home and Lunardi puts them safely in the field while Wake destroy's their home quad 3 game and we slip to last 4 byes.

It would be interesting to see the home-away-neutral quad 1 records, of course I say this because Wake won at VT, only played dook at home, lost to dook away, Miami away and LSU neutral. The ACC just doesn't have any quad 1 teams to send to Winston.

And Michigan moves up to the last four byes after losing to Illinois at home. Is Lunardi drunk or something?

As selection Sunday approaches lunardi gets fed info from his insiders and makes seemingly random changes to his bracket that end up being correct. Story as old as time.

If we’re in as a 10-12 seed, there will be some pissed off 5-7 seed having to face us in the first round. We’ll be a really tough out for just about any team. Unless they are familiar with the 2-3 zone defense.

ND as an 8 seed and us as an 11 doesn't make sense to me. Compare resumes using what is on the team sheets that the committee will be looking at:

Notre Dame
Metrics: Net 46, KPI 54, SOR 30, BPI 49, KenPom 47, SAG 49
NET SOS 66, NON-CONF SOS 27
Quad 1&2: 5-7
Quad 3&4: 15-1

Wake Forest
Metrics: NET 42, KPI 53, SOR 36, BPI 36, KenPom 37, SAG 43
NET SOS 94, NON-CONF SOS 336
Quad 1&2: 5-8
Quad 3&4 17-0

I suppose SOS is the issue here. Which is bullshit, cause ND has played the easiest conference schedule of all time, and no one will say one word about that.

After being horrible for so long, we are gonna have to earn our respect and that may take some time.

ND as an 8 seed and us as an 11 doesn't make sense to me. Compare resumes using what is on the team sheets that the committee will be looking at:

Notre Dame
Metrics: Net 46, KPI 54, SOR 30, BPI 49, KenPom 47, SAG 49
NET SOS 66, NON-CONF SOS 27
Quad 1&2: 5-7
Quad 3&4: 15-1

Wake Forest
Metrics: NET 42, KPI 53, SOR 36, BPI 36, KenPom 37, SAG 43
NET SOS 94, NON-CONF SOS 336
Quad 1&2: 5-8
Quad 3&4 17-0

I suppose SOS is the issue here. Which is bullshit, cause ND has played the easiest conference schedule of all time, and no one will say one word about that.

All Quad 1 wins aren't equal. What's WF best quad 1 win? At VT? ND or UNC at home? ND beat Kentucky. That is a much more significant win than anything on WF resume. WF had a chance at Duke. Also, WF's wins over teams above 250 are essentially a nullity.

All Quad 1 wins aren't equal. What's WF best quad 1 win? At VT? ND or UNC at home? ND beat Kentucky. That is a much more significant win than anything on WF resume. WF had a chance at Duke. Also, WF's wins over teams above 250 are essentially a nullity.

We only have one Quad 1 win: @VT.

Here is the thing with ND, they had a Quad 3 win over cuse and a Quad 4 win over GT last week, yet they've moved from 57 to 46 in NET.

Quad 1
Loses
- St. Mary's (neutral)
- @Illinois
- Indiana (neutral)
- @VT
- dook
- @ Wake

Wins
-KY
- @ Miami

If the KY win was so important, why was ND hanging around on the bubble? Why were they around 60 in NET until this week.

The only thing I can come up with is that St. Mary's beating the Zags pulled them up nearly 10 spots.

Here is the thing with ND, they had a Quad 3 win over cuse and a Quad 4 win over GT last week, yet they've moved from 57 to 46 in NET.

Quad 1
Loses
- St. Mary's (neutral)
- @Illinois
- Indiana (neutral)
- @VT
- dook
- @ Wake

Wins
-KY
- @ Miami

If the KY win was so important, why was ND hanging around on the bubble? Why were they around 60 in NET until this week.

The only thing I can come up with is that St. Mary's beating the Zags pulled them up nearly 10 spots.

No, their margin pulled them up this week. In simple terms, you beat the hell out of the spread and you move up a lot. Can’t think of NET or KP or Torvik in simple terms of wins and losses. It’s how you play. Same reason that Wisconsin and Providence fans have bitched all year. They win a ton of very close games.

It's interesting to me that NET forces people to focus on VT as our only high quality win, while we also have wins over teams that are likely to be in the NCAA tournament field in UNC and Notre Dame. Placing so much emphasis on home vs road games is somewhat understandable, but wins/losses over other NCAAT hopeful teams seem significant to me regardless of Q1 or Q2.

As the NCAA field stands at the moment, we have wins against UNC/Notre Dame and losses against Duke (x2), Miami (x2), and LSU. It would really help our seeding if we can add another win against another NCAA tournament team in the 4/5 matchup of the ACCT, but I think we make the field even with a 2-6 record against NCAAT teams as long as we avoid the bad losses in the (likely) two of those games that we have left.

No, their margin pulled them up this week. In simple terms, you beat the hell out of the spread and you move up a lot. Can’t think of NET or KP or Torvik in simple terms of wins and losses. It’s how you play. Same reason that Wisconsin and Providence fans have bitched all year. They win a ton of very close games.

The new system in effect penalizes what Vitginia has done-win ugly by a few points and reward blowouts. That will encourage teams to humiliate opponents. Like when Wake was up 31, pulled the starters and only won by 22. Forbes could have left the starters in, and won by 40. If that is what the new ratings system rewards, that is what will happen more frequently.

A few spots probably doesn’t matter in the long run, but yes the freshmen team blowing the margin at the end probably cost us 2 or 3 spots in NET.

WFU has been so bad for so long that the committee isn't going to give the Deacs much respect. If Forbes can keep this momentum going for years to come, Wake will be respected again. But if it comes down to a coin flip between Wake and UNC for a bid, you know which team will get in.

Back