• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

Of course no mention of it by the announcers. But is it coincidence that two of the blatantly cheating programs make the title game? Given the lack of repercussions it is no coincidence.

As for Hubert, he will be a recruiting machine and will have the talent advantage in 95% of games he coaches going forward. He might be a good coach, but that isn’t even necessary for him to succeed there.

I boycotted watching this game because both of these schools should be on probation at the every least. Only National Championship game I haven't watched since about 1966.

It was just late 00's/early 10's ACC and NCAA tournaments.
So players received family tickets in a bundle which family members or the player could turn around and sell?

Sounds kinda like what the ncaa used to call "impermissible benefits"

So players received family tickets in a bundle which family members or the player could turn around and sell?

Sounds kinda like what the ncaa used to call "impermissible benefits"

That was and still is impermissible.

Sorry. I'm not really in the mood, but yes. I know of an ACC player from back, 15+ years go now (jesus I'm getting old), that obtained his family's allotment of tickets to ACC/NCAA Tourney games and sold them to someone else for cash. I wasn't saying that it used to be allowed, or was questioning that. I knew it technically wasn't "allowed".

That's why I asked in the original post if it would be a violation. Well, I was specifically asking how serious it would be. Was just curious.

Nothing I'd ever do anything about, just that the tournaments this year got me thinking about it.

Players have been selling their ACC Tournament tickets forever. It was a bigger thing in the 1980s and 1990s because it was a tougher ticket in those days. Yes, it was against the rules, but it was pervasive and everyone understood that it was an opportunity for players to make some money.

Last edited:
I don’t see the problem unless some players were getting much more valuable tickets.

I don’t see the problem unless some players were getting much more valuable tickets.

You don't see a problem with players taking the free tickets they get for friends and family and selling them for cash? What about selling them for greater than face value?

You don't see a problem with players taking the free tickets they get for friends and family and selling them for cash? What about selling them for greater than face value?

In a $$Billion dollar industry? Hell no. This is so 80s.
Have you heard about this thing called NIL?

If their friends and family don't have a problem with it, I shouldn't.

Nowadays a 5 day ACCT book in crap Brooklyn is worth what? $500.

Back in the 80's and 90's it was worth what for 3 days? $2500?

I've only ever had free tickets.

Nowadays a 5 day ACCT book in crap Brooklyn is worth what? $500.

Back in the 80's and 90's it was worth what for 3 days? $2500?

I've only ever had free tickets.

Damn. That's not even a humble brag. That's a full on flex.

The only ACC/NCAA tourneys I've been to were in the CP3 years, which was as a student, then I went to one shortly after I left school. There's also a picture of me on the front page of the Washington paper from the 2005 ACC Tourney scalping tix with a story about out of towners not knowing it was illegal there. lol

I think we did get upper deck tix one year and then bought way cheap tix off Duke/UNC fans when one of them lost early and moved down to the lower seats. Another time we just went down and sat in empty seats. Maybe I've been to more tourneys than I think, or I'm getting ACC/NCAA tourneys confused. I know I went to the 2004 NCAA Tourney when we saw #12 Manhattan beat #5 Florida, while we beat #13 VCU. Then our victory over Manhattan to get the Sweet 16 matchup against St. Joe's.

Last edited:
I had both Wake and Carolina player tickets to the ACCT during the early-mid 2000s and each time I had to give my name to someone with a list. They weren’t just handing players a wad of tickets. That’s been true for every football/bball game I’ve ever gotten player tickets to. I assume this was to try to prevent the players from selling tickets.

I had both Wake and Carolina player tickets to the ACCT during the early-mid 2000s and each time I had to give my name to someone with a list. They weren’t just handing players a wad of tickets. That’s been true for every football/bball game I’ve ever gotten player tickets to. I assume this was to try to prevent the players from selling tickets.
This is my experience, both as a fan using player-tickets and as an athlete. For both regular season and tournament competitions.

The player submits a list to the athletic department and family and friends have to show up to a special will call to get their ticket. There's also usually a "local coaches" will call.

I've never heard of players given physical tickets to distribute.

That said, we used to get a wad of cash for per diem, so who knows

Ok you may be right, now that I remember, I just knew that the cash wash transferred (more than face value BTW) after the tickets were picked up....or maybe they paid and got their name on the special list. Damn IDK....now I'm questioning it all.

But I know for a fact that someone paid an athlete. Had physical tickets and sat in family section. So I guess maybe the details are a little hazy in between.

It HAS been 15 years after all :thumbsup:

I used to go to football away games with player tix from a friend who was from California.

This was way back but I always picked them up at Will-Call. He took care of the registration.

I never heard of anyone paying up front for them, but that's not saying it might not have been done.

Last edited:
Back