• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 25-9 (13-7), KP#33

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 14-4 (4-3), KP#50

Don’t think it’s really a knock on Marsh. He was late joining the team and he’s a freshman sitting behind two 5th year seniors and Mucius (another senior). I don’t think Walton, Sy, or Mucius has been in foul trouble this year, which is a real testament to all of them, but especially Mucius who we have tasked with locking down most teams’ best player.

Last edited:
There shouldn’t be a First Four in general. But if there’s going to be one, I agree it should be 8 bubble teams.

ESPN updated at 8 am and has us in the last four byes. 11 seed vs. Alabama with 3 seed Illinois lurking.
Still can't understand how this isn't just teams vying for 16 seeds only. Defies all logical seeding. Oh, two 12 seeds are better than X team but they shouldn't be in the tournament over X team until they prove they belong by playing each other...:dumb:

Still can't understand how this isn't just teams vying for 16 seeds only. Defies all logical seeding. Oh, two 12 seeds are better than X team but they shouldn't be in the tournament over X team until they prove they belong by playing each other...:dumb:

Nah - I think conference champs should not have to be in the play-in game, and these are the 16 seeds usually. Should be the last 4 at-large teams.

Don’t think it’s really a knock on Marsh. He was late joining the team and he’s a freshman sitting behind two 5th year seniors and Mucius (another senior). I don’t think Walton, Sy, or Mucius has been in foul trouble this year, which is a real testament to all of them, but especially Mucius who we have tasked with locking down most teams’ best player.

Exactly. Who would you sit to play Marsh?

Freshmen played too many minutes during the [Redacted] and Manning eras because we didn't have better players (and lost entire classes to transfer almost every year).

Marsh is going to play a ton next year when Walton and Sy are gone. I hope he's paying attention.

This year, particularly with his late start and time lost preseason, Marsh's job is to practice and learn. Next year, he could be looking at 30 min per game as badass in the middle protecting the rim.

Yeah, Marsh is an emergency big man this year. He’ll grow into a much bigger role next season.

Nah - I think conference champs should not have to be in the play-in game, and these are the 16 seeds usually. Should be the last 4 at-large teams.
Sure. But if these are the teams that "deserve" to be in the playoff then they shouldn't be 16 seeds. If there are teams that need to prove themselves, they should all be 16 seeds and have to play in.

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 14-4 (4-3), KP#50

Wake fans during a decade of perpetually young teams: When will we finally have an experienced roster?

Wake fans with an experienced roster: Why aren’t our young players playing?

We are fine. Worst case we go into next year starting Whitt/Hildreth, Williamson, Monsanto, LaRavia, and Marsh. Best case, Mucius comes back and we add an experienced PG, scorer, and big and Keller is ready to contribute from Day 1.

Last edited:
Wake fans during a decade of perpetually young teams: When will we finally have an experienced roster?

Wake fans with an experienced roster: Why aren’t our young player playing?

We are fine. Worst case we go into next year starting Whitt/Hildreth, Williamson, Monsanto, LaRavia, and Marsh. Best case, Mucius comes back and we add an experienced PG, scorer, and big and Keller is ready to contribute from Day 1.

Williamson and Mucius are graduating at the end of the year. I am fairly concerned with our depth of we don’t add anyone else to our 2022 class. I’ll be interested to see who we can get as a grad transfer with the success of Alondes. Whitt ain’t a ACC PG not two ways about it.

Next years lineup will more than likely be, Whitt (oof), Grad Transfer, Monsanto, Laravia, Marsh. With Cam, Keller, Grad Transfer getting the rest of the minutes.

Williamson and Mucius are graduating at the end of the year. I am fairly concerned with our depth of we don’t add anyone else to our 2022 class. I’ll be interested to see who we can get as a grad transfer with the success of Alondes. Whitt ain’t a ACC PG not two ways about it.

Next years lineup will more than likely be, Whitt (oof), Grad Transfer, Monsanto, Laravia, Marsh. With Cam, Keller, Grad Transfer getting the rest of the minutes.

So….guessing you didn’t watch Whitt tonight? I’ve talked plenty of shit about Whitt but the staff has done a great job finding him a role that works with his skill set, and we’ve started to see that over the last month.

I don’t know why Forbes wouldn’t be able to get two or three good players out of the portal like he got 4 last year.

I don’t know why Forbes wouldn’t be able to get two or three good players out of the portal like he got 4 last year.

This, our roster will get an upgrade through the portal.

Forbes has said that he's very comfortable recruiting the transfer portal.... and it's already proven. :thumbsup:

Forbes has said that he's very comfortable recruiting the transfer portal.... and it's already proven. :thumbsup:

Yes, this seems like a skill set he certainly has. I'm not even a bit concerned.

we're at 15-4, 5-3 in conference

of the 12 remaining ACC games, KP has us as a significant favorite (68% or higher win probability) in 6, all at home:
BC
Pitt
Miami
Notre Dame
Louisville
NC State

KP has us as a significant underdog (18%) at Duke

The remaining 5 games all have winning expectancy between 40% and 60% - virtual toss-ups:
UNC
at Cuse
at FSU
at NC State
at Clemson

We go 6-0 in the games we *should* win, 3-2 in the toss-ups, 0-1 at Duke, that gets us to 24-7, 14-6 heading into the ACCT (with a bye to the quarterfinals)

5-1, 2-3, 0-1 has us at 22-9, 12-8 and needing a win at the ACCT to feel comfortable

Back