• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 25-9 (13-7), KP#33

Pay Steve Forbes whatever the fuck he wants in order to keep him here for the long term.

I'll contribute.

My kids will understand if they have to hungry a few nights a week. It's worth it.

+1

If you haven’t come to see this team play, you are missing a treat. Keep your head on a swivel for great passes and yes some ugly TOs.

If the ACCT started now (not including FSU/Pitt game ongoing)

Quarter-Final Byes
(1) Notre Dame
(2) Duke
(3) Wake Forest
(4) Miami

Second-Round Byes
(5) UNC
(6) Virginia
(7) Syracuse
(8) FSU
(9) VT

First-Round Matchups
(10) Louisville vs. (15) N.C. State
(11) BC vs. (14) Pitt
(12) Clemson vs. (13) GT

Wake path to the championship would be
quarterfinal vs. Virginia or BC/Pitt winner
semifinal vs. Duke or Cuse/Louisville/State winner
final vs. ND or Miami/UNC/Clemson/GT winner

Last edited:
Pay Steve Forbes whatever the fuck he wants in order to keep him here for the long term.

I'll contribute.

My kids will understand if they have to go hungry a few nights a week. It's worth it.

+1

FYI, Zay says he and his parents will decide postseason if he comes back for another year. Vibes!

FYI, Zay says he and his parents will decide postseason if he comes back for another year. Vibes!

I’m ignorant on how the scholarship count works. Is there a scenario like CBS in football where Mucius decides he wants to come back but we don’t have room bc we’ve recruited assuming he wouldn’t?

I’m ignorant on how the scholarship count works. Is there a scenario like CBS in football where Mucius decides he wants to come back but we don’t have room bc we’ve recruited assuming he wouldn’t?

We are definitely losing Alondes and Miles Lester and probably losing Walton. So far we just have one player signed (Keller) to replace those three scholarships. I think Forbes would wait to take someone from the transfer portal until he knows what Mucius is doing.

We are definitely losing Alondes and Miles Lester and probably losing Walton. So far we just have one player signed (Keller) to replace those three scholarships. I think Forbes would wait to take someone from the transfer portal until he knows what Mucius is doing.

Word

Bring back Williamson and Mucius.

Lose Alondes and Walton.

Add Keller, as he should get some minutes as a backup right away, plus 2 impact transfers and we will be good again.

Bring back Williamson and Mucius.

Lose Alondes and Walton.

Add Keller, as he should get some minutes as a backup right away, plus 2 impact transfers and we will be good again.

Also consider - Bob, Lucas and Marsh with a year of development. Monsanto healthier and fit. Potentially adding Mintz as a **** PG. Lots to look forward to.

Sy is also out of eligibility after this year, correct?

Sy and Alondes are out of eligibility

Walton, Williamson and Mucius would be eligible to return but all would have had four years of college ball (five for Walton) under their belt. Technically, Miles Lester is in this bucket too.

On college basketball reference it looks like this is Sy’s fourth year playing (one year at VT, 2 years at ole miss) and one of his playing years was the COVID year. Doesn’t that mean he could have one more year of eligibility?

On college basketball reference it looks like this is Sy’s fourth year playing (one year at VT, 2 years at ole miss) and one of his playing years was the COVID year. Doesn’t that mean he could have one more year of eligibility?

Unfortunately, no.

VT
VT (redshirt)
JUCO - Daytona State
Ole Miss
Ole Miss
Wake Forest

He's done, even with that extra COVID year.

Back