• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Let me add this. After all that talk from Rhule about recommitting to the run, they abandoned the run when it was still just 5-3.

The offense wasn't very talented before and then it lost its best player.

Let me add this. After all that talk from Rhule about recommitting to the run, they abandoned the run when it was still just 5-3.

I am very happy to take the L here. But how often does a college-to-pro hire work out? Carroll. Jimmie Johnson. Switzer. But saban? Urban? Spurrier? Davis? Petrino? Schiano? Marrone?

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - 3-3 at Giants - 3 game losing streak; CMC on IR

It generally doesn’t.

We ran the ball 7 times on 23 plays when the score was 5-3.

Sign Cam back on a 1 year at this point at see what he can do. If we are going to suck at QB might as well have some fun

Rhule doesn’t want Watson. But Tepper has told Rhule that he got Bridgewater and Darnold and they didn’t work out so now it’s time to get the guy I (Tepper) want. Time to listen to ME. They are going after him hard. They dont know if he will play this year and don’t care. Tepper’s done with this nonsense.

The staff places much of the teams poor play on not only did they lose key players on offense and defense, but they lost their leaders in Shaq and CMC. Teams lose players to injury but it’s rare to lose your leader on each side of the ball at the same time.

Rhule doesn’t want Watson. But Tepper has told Rhule that he got Bridgewater and Darnold and they didn’t work out so now it’s time to get the guy I (Tepper) want. Time to listen to ME. They are going after him hard. They dont know if he will play this year and don’t care. Tepper’s done with this nonsense.

The staff places much of the teams poor play on not only did they lose key players on offense and defense, but they lost their leaders in Shaq and CMC. Teams lose players to injury but it’s rare to lose your leader on each side of the ball at the same time.

That excuse was valid against the Cowboys and Vikings where we were competitive in the game. There is no excuse for that offensive performance on Sunday. It is a potential fireable offense for all coaches involved.

The staff is making excuses to cover their own asses.

Agreed. It's one thing to lose games to good teams (cowboys and vikings), it's another to get blown out by a team that is playing as poorly as any team in the league right now. Sadly, I don't think Deshaun Watson wins that game on Sunday. It was a multi-level meltdown, and thinking that just cutting out Darnold and pasting in Watson instantly fixes this team seems ridiculous at this point.

also, who knows where Watson's mind is at right now. he's got a whole bunch of shit on his shoulders and when (if) he's even able to play again what kind of damage will have been done?

Why doesn’t Rhule want Watson? Doesn’t want to have to deal with all the holes that will be created by the loss of draft picks?

I think I’m done with NFL football if we sign Watson. I had probably been looking for an excuse but I’m not gonna root for this guy.

Back