• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Is Tepper considering the NFL/Goodell’s take on Watson? Meaning if the Panthers did pull this trigger on this mid season they can’t really expect Watson to play…..NFL won’t let that happen

There's no a way a team trades for him without assurance from the league that he'll be allowed to play. I think the bigger question is will there be a level of outrage that forces the NFL (or the team he's traded to) to sideline him when they originally thought they could weather whatever shitstorm they run into?

There is no way he is a top-5 QB, even without the off the field drama. Mahomes, Rodgers, Herbert, Brady, Wilson, Murray, and Lamar are all clearly ahead of him. And guys like Burrow, Dak, and Stafford are arguably better as well. It makes no sense to give away that many high picks for a QB somewhere in the 8-12 range. Add the legal stuff on top of it and it would be a really bad move. And I think he is probably Kraft-style innocent, for whatever it is worth.

Uhh what? Watson is top 3 dynasty QBs to build a team around today, and it' not even close.

Mahommes
Kyler
Watson

He's better than Lamar, Herbert could be argued but give me Watson all day, and RW3 is quite a few years older. AR and Tom are too old to be in consideration for a 5-7 year build.

i think i'll take a little break from the panthers if they trade for Watson

Rhule doesn’t want Watson because he did not play for him at Temple or Baylor.

I think Tepper remembers well how Steelers fans forgot quickly about Ben and what he did. I’m not going to be the guy to compare the two and what they did or were accused of doing. Tons of other examples. But Tepper isn’t basing his decision on the same info we all have or anyone else for that matter.

Tepper sounds like a real asshole lol

For hiring legal representation to get to the bottom of a situation instead of basing his decision off of what the media is publicly reporting? Seems smart to me...

For thinking fans are stupid enough to overlook signing a sexual predator.

For thinking fans are stupid enough to overlook signing a sexual predator.

Well he’s a hedge fund manager so skirting an ethical/moral line for long term gain pretty much comes with the territory.

Uhh what? Watson is top 3 dynasty QBs to build a team around today, and it' not even close.

Mahommes
Kyler
Watson

He's better than Lamar, Herbert could be argued but give me Watson all day, and RW3 is quite a few years older. AR and Tom are too old to be in consideration for a 5-7 year build.

Okay, but that is not what I was responding to. There was no qualification about a "dynasty QB" or a "5-7 year build". He said:

He's 1 of the top 5 QBs in the league. Period.

And he is not better than Rodgers or Brady or Wilson or Stafford right now in addition to the other two.

And even in your dynasty scenario, no fucking way is he better than Herbert or Josh Allen in addition to the other two, and I think most GMs take Burrow and Lamar, and some take Mayfield or Lawrence.

Is his value driven by a single game tomorrow or dynasty? Dynasty. Why would anything else matter when accessing his value?

No GM is taking Joe Burrow or Baker Mayfield over Deshawn Jackson. Zero. They've probably all seen enough to remove Trevor from the list too.

Josh Allen is a fair shout, he's probably top 5.

Idk I think Joe Burrow is a better QB than Deshawn Jackson, whoever that may be.

Idk I think Joe Burrow is a better QB than Deshawn Jackson, whoever that may be.

On second thought I agree

Screen_Shot_2020-01-14_at_10.34.57_AM.jpg

There's no a way a team trades for him without assurance from the league that he'll be allowed to play. I think the bigger question is will there be a level of outrage that forces the NFL (or the team he's traded to) to sideline him when they originally thought they could weather whatever shitstorm they run into?

I don't agree with your first sentence. I don't think the league will allow him to play this season while the criminal investigations are ongoing. They haven't had to address the situation because Houston has agreed not to play him. But I think it is much more likely than not that, if he is traded to another team, and that team tries to play him, the league will put him on the exempt list, at least until the criminal investigations are concluded.

I don't see Kansas City fans skipping games for Tyreek Hill being on the team

I mean, YMMV and to each their own.

I wouldn't root for a team with Hill, Mixon, Hunt, Roethlisberger, etc. I doubt that I'm in the majority, but that doesn't really change my stance about not supporting sexual predators and domestic abusers who have managed to avoid the legal system because they're famous.

Based on this thread, I don't think think I'm alone in not wanting the Panthers to trade the future for a guy with 22 accusations of sexual assault.

I mean, YMMV and to each their own.

I wouldn't root for a team with Hill, Mixon, Hunt, Roethlisberger, etc. I doubt that I'm in the majority, but that doesn't really change my stance about not supporting sexual predators and domestic abusers who have managed to avoid the legal system because they're famous.

Based on this thread, I don't think think I'm alone in not wanting the Panthers to trade the future for a guy with 22 accusations of sexual assault.

That's fair, but I think to each their own is the correct answer. I would almost guarantee that BoA is sold out for Watsons first home game, should he be acquired. And probably many games after that. Sure, some folks wont show up, but winning cures all in the NFL. Tepper knows that

That's fair, but I think to each their own is the correct answer. I would almost guarantee that BoA is sold out for Watsons first home game, should he be acquired. And probably many games after that. Sure, some folks wont show up, but winning cures all in the NFL. Tepper knows that

And if Tepper knows that and doesn’t care then I think he’s an asshole. I’m not sure what is unclear here lol

It's hard for me to ignore 22 accusations of sexual assault but you're right a lot of people could careless as long as he wins games.

I don't think there's a nice way to be worth $11 billion.

Back