• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

He was better than Teddy B and Darnold.

Writer suggests to Green Bay to make up with Aaron Rodgers by trading Jordan Love
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/as-nfl...rs-are-all-in-on-aaron-rodgers-230514385.html

Would we be interested?

Probably too little too late. Rodgers despises Packers management. This is the last dance for him and Adams. The reworking of his contract to make next year the last year forces the Packers to trade him this next offseason if they want to recoup anything for him.

And I wouldn't be interested in Love. He didn't show much this preseason. I think Watson is your future, though that won't make the rest of this year any more palatable.

I’m still not a Joe Brady guy and I get the feeling Rhule is coming over to my side. Rhule is subtle in his criticism but you can see it there’s. Brady caught lightning in a bottle in 2019 as did Orgeron. Now you can see what the lightning was: Burrow and Chase and the other receivers. They are for real and they made Orgeron (to a degree - those in the know knew Orgeron did nothing of value) and Brady just had to call plays where Burrow threw a damn pass.

Can you imagine the welcome Cam would get trotting out there for his first play? It’s fun to think about.

I'd rather lose with Cam too (felt the same way last year re: Cam vs. Teddy) but there's no way that's going to happen. That bridge is burned and we owe Darnold $18.9 million next year, so...

ETA: Plus, Cam isn't a Baylor or Temple guy, so it doubly isn't going to happen.

The Panthers have burned bridges with several greats and it’s all good. Now they haven’t come back to actually play but they’re valued members of the Panthers community.

It’s clear this team cannot function without CMC. It is worth salvaging 3-4. 9-8 and the playoffs is still within reach.

Cam Newton is not anybody's answer right now. Aside from still being an excellent goal line touchdown scorer, Newton currently kinda sucks as a QB

Cam Newton is not anybody's answer right now. Aside from still being an excellent goal line touchdown scorer, Newton currently kinda sucks as a QB

I think he could be the Steelers answer to an extent. Ben is done, and their OL blows. He'd give them a better chance behind that OL. He looked a little better throwing the ball this past preseason than he did last year. He just got beat out by Mac and Cheese. The Steelers are in a QB quandary. Next year's QB class is thin and could be gone by the time they're on the clock. Unless they land A-aron or Wilson, they could be stuck. Cam could be a decent 2 year bridge guy for them.

I think they’re going to get Rodgers.

think we should bring back the true panther goat of jared allen

I think they’re going to get Rodgers.

You hate me and wish for my unhappiness, don't you. They certainly have a championship D, but their OL is a hot mess, and they've had cap problems. I figure they are 1 of the 5 possible destinations, along with Denver, San Fran, Cleveland and New Orleans. I also figure the Packers would prefer to trade him to the AFC. I still think Denver is the leader in the clubhouse, even though they're likely headed for a coaching change. Hell, he could be involved in picking the new coach. They have good young WRs, a great rookie RB, an improved OL and plenty of talent on D. But also watch out for Cleveland. The Packers might want a QB in return, given that Love has not developed, and there is a good chance that Cleveland and Baker are far away in contract negotiations. If the Browns get him, you can hand them the SB.

Back