• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Cam looked way sharper on his passes than he did in I don’t know how long. And I was concerned he couldn’t run but that TD run erased that doubt. I’m worried it’s too little too late at this point in the season, though.

Panthers lost the game because our defensive line got pushed around like they were toddlers all game - every single play. The middle of our D-line got abused the entire game - pushed back and pushed back. That's the reason we lost. WFT ran the ball so easily up the middle because the middle of our D-line was 5 yards downfield still getting blocked. Derrick Brown was the worst player on the field yesterday. We were playing with 9-10 guys on defense.

Maybe you could’ve actually hit some meaningful kicks for us, asshole

Matt Rhule is such a twat. I actually think punting was the correct move late in the 4th. You're playing RR, he's going to run it three straight times and punt it back to you. Everyone knows that. But the crowd booed MR as the punt team came on and he remembered he had a needle dick then burned a timeout and still threw short of the sticks. Whole different approach to that final drive down 3 with 2:20 remaining vs down 6 with 1:40 remaining.

Yet another play call where the primary receiver(s) were short of the first down. Thanks Joe!

CMC also has to know to run that deeper.

Right now, I think Tepper should fire Rhule and task Fit with hiring a new coach.

Isn't that clown on an 8 year contract or something stupid?

Yeah, but Tepper has "fuck it" money. "Fuck you" money is enough that you don't care what people think. But "fuck it" money is enough to pay for a problem to go away and pay to fix it.

I don't know Tepper, but I've got to think if anything is going to push him into "fuck it" territory, it's the coach he fired coming into BOA and beating the squad he assembled.

I still don't get what made him THE hot college name his time around. I get Saban, Kelly, Harbaugh, Spurrier, and others, but what was it about Rhule? It'd be like Clawson being a hot NFL name after this season.

I think Rhule is a very good coach and will make it happen in Charlotte.

But its concerning that the Panthers are the most penalized team in the NFL. That reflects on coaching and team/player discipline.

I think Rhule is a very good coach and will make it happen in Charlotte.

But its concerning that the Panthers are the most penalized team in the NFL. That reflects on coaching and team/player discipline.

Interesting perspective. Hope you're right. I've seen nothing so far to make me think he is anything special.

Matt Rhule is such a twat. I actually think punting was the correct move late in the 4th. You're playing RR, he's going to run it three straight times and punt it back to you. Everyone knows that. But the crowd booed MR as the punt team came on and he remembered he had a needle dick then burned a timeout and still threw short of the sticks. Whole different approach to that final drive down 3 with 2:20 remaining vs down 6 with 1:40 remaining.

i'm over rhule as well

From a team development standpoint, I like what Rhule has done with the players he has had to work with. But in terms of game management he is absolutely putrid, and Joe Brady is the worst coordinator in the NFL. I''m still hopeful on Rhule, but Tepper should fire Brady's ass at Thanksgiving dinner to prove a point to Rhule. Just say fuck it and let Cam and CMC call the plays for the rest of the season.

Rhule is an absolute Trainwreck. That fat POS was the reason Cam was let go, he "wanted someone for his system"... The worst offensive system in sports, and even worse clock management... Hired his friends, signed awful QBs to absurd contracts, runs the best and most fragile flex player in football on dives from i-formation... he's a total moron.

I still don't get what made him THE hot college name his time around. I get Saban, Kelly, Harbaugh, Spurrier, and others, but what was it about Rhule? It'd be like Clawson being a hot NFL name after this season.

Would agree….had this thought long before this past weekend…and before Wake’s season this year. Good for him that he got paid but don’t get it at all….

Panthers lost the game because our defensive line got pushed around like they were toddlers all game - every single play. The middle of our D-line got abused the entire game - pushed back and pushed back. That's the reason we lost. WFT ran the ball so easily up the middle because the middle of our D-line was 5 yards downfield still getting blocked. Derrick Brown was the worst player on the field yesterday. We were playing with 9-10 guys on defense.

what's up with derrick brown? seems like he's regressed?

interesting DVOA stats from football outsider:

DEFENSE DVOA
1st half - 2nd in the NFL
2nd half - 23rd in the NFL
Late/Close game DVOA - 31st in the NFL

seems like a coaching and/or conditioning/depth issue to me

spoiler: offense sucks in both halves

Back