• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

I kind of trusted the Panthers brass to not get caught up in the hype - that they were making a decision with some research. My excitement was based purely on the Brady hype. I think they just read Brady's press clippings the last few weeks of 2019 and offered him the world based on just that. I still am not convinced Rhule wanted him that much. I always felt like he was luke warm on it. He doesn't like new blood.

I kind of trusted the Panthers brass to not get caught up in the hype - that they were making a decision with some research. My excitement was based purely on the Brady hype. I think they just read Brady's press clippings the last few weeks of 2019 and offered him the world based on just that. I still am not convinced Rhule wanted him that much. I always felt like he was luke warm on it. He doesn't like new blood.

So what's your best guess, Rhule stays but replaces Brady as OC? And who do you think will be your QB next year?

Yep. I called this one. I knew someone was going to be gone during the by week and figured Brady was it.

He’s terrible. I’m so glad he’s gone.

he fooled so many people. can't believe he almost got a HC gig

I’m less excited about this after finding out Rhule is promoting his high school buddy and Baylor co-OC. Dude takes care of his favorites though.

I’m less excited about this after finding out Rhule is promoting his high school buddy and Baylor co-OC. Dude takes care of his favorites though.

I am fucking out on Rhule. Didn't like the hire to begin with, don't like him now.

eh - let's see if that sticks

i find it hard to believe fitt and tepper wouldn't push to bring in someone new

Well Rhule said he went outside his comfort zone to hire Brady, and we all know what his comfort zone entails.

If the Panthers lose this weekend, if I were Rhule I would turn off my phone. Tepper is going to be hitting redial constantly to ask him to come see him in his office.

Pretty wild how much less job security 5-7 Matt Rhule has at the moment than 1-10-1 Dan Campbell. With good reason.

If the Panthers lose this weekend, if I were Rhule I would turn off my phone. Tepper is going to be hitting redial constantly to ask him to come see him in his office.

Why do you think they waited a week before firing Brady? Seems to me you'd do it sooner so you can get a jump on the new install. And Rhule has coached both sides of the ball before, so I see this move as Rhule saying if he's going to go down, he's gonna do it his way.

Rhule and his buddy have probably been planning this for weeks. It was classy to act like they did a bye week evaluation.

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Brady fired; Falcons next

What’s the temperature of the fanbase… who here is ok with the skid continuing, knowing that Tepper probably has an itchy trigger finger and we get a reboot on the coach?

Vs who here is hoping we string together some wins for a very outside shot at a wildcard run?

Edited to change from “rooting for the skid” to “ok with”

I'm in for new coach, draft a rookie QB. Pretty mad about how Mac Jones has looked (yes, I know he only completed 3 passes last night).

I'm in for new coach, draft a rookie QB. Pretty mad about how Mac Jones has looked (yes, I know he only completed 3 passes last night).

Rhule's comments about knowing Jones would be a longtime NFL starter look even stupider now

Back