• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

What’s the record for most quarterbacks being paid by one team at one time? We’re going to break it.

Jeff Nixon’s opening drive game is strong.

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Brady fired; Falcons next

Bad play but I’m pretty sure Cam was down.

I can’t believe they didn’t look at that. His knee was down while he was trying to hand the ball off based on the only angle they showed.

Last edited:
They do. But there was no indication it was an extended look. Viewers only got one camera angle that looked pretty close.

Walker back in. Fumbles on the fake handoff, gets nailed on second down for a roughing the passer, completes 19 yard pass, throws ball two yards from open Robby Anderson’s feet, incomplete to Anderson who sacrificed his body to prevent an interception, throws a pass to open Ian Thomas that he was lucky to get a hand on, and on 4th and 10 throws the ball out of bounds to DJ Moore as he gets nailed in the pocket.

This sucks.

Anderson should get some sort of Medal of Valor or combat pay.

Care factor at zero. Ate my tix yesterday. I couldnt even get anyone to take them all week. Crickets.

this has been such a weird up and down year.

lotta ppl hyped after 3-0 (D is great! maybe Darnold is good??), then CMC goes down and we go in the toilet, but then the hype train returns with Cam and the dismantling of the Cards and shoulda beaten WFT, but back in the toilet again.

Do we think the Rhule experiment is nearing its end? A story came out before the game yesterday indicating he'd get a third year, but that was before losing at home to a bad Falcons team. Any word, guitardeac? Maybe the strategy is to wait him out and hope he wants to go back to college.

Fits the pattern of being bad/horrible but not enough so to get the best draft position. Once firmly eliminated from the playoffs, a meaningless win is coming.

Do we think the Rhule experiment is nearing its end? A story came out before the game yesterday indicating he'd get a third year, but that was before losing at home to a bad Falcons team. Any word, guitardeac? Maybe the strategy is to wait him out and hope he wants to go back to college.

It should be if it hasn’t already. This team has gotten worse as the year has gone on. You can blame injuries all you want but it goes well beyond that.

Matt Rhule convinced himself and Tepper that he’s a football genius despite having a slight resume. He convinced a lot of people that he could do what the Jets couldn’t with Darnold. He convinced people all he needed to win in the NFL are his staff from Baylor and a bunch of players he coached at Temple. There are 20 Temple players in the NFL. 7 of them are on the Panthers.

Two years later, this franchise has plenty of young talent on defense including several franchise players but a hole at LB. The offense has a franchise WR, hobbled RB, overpaid WR, one good OL, no QB, and no coherent foundation or philosophy.

I havent talked to my source but I will try.

Just my gut feel but I think Rhule is about to be let go and I think he wants to be. One issue is I think Tepper likes Snow and if is booted then Snow will be lost and will follow Rhule wherever he goes. I also think Snow prefers the college game as does Rhule. Its still my opinion that Rhule took the Panthers job for the money and now he sees that the big money is there for the college coaches. So much has changed in 2 years. What's going on with college football is unsustainable though.

rhule is done in carolina

the temple job is open again

Back