• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - 5-8 Bills/Bucs/Saints/Bucs remaining

rhule is done in carolina

the temple job is open again

Damn. I thought Rhule was really done. He’s out there Gaseing dudes.

rhule will probably finish the season out.... but maybe not

Rams' CB Jaylen Ramsey and TE Tyler Higbee are out tonight due to positive COVID test.

FWIW, Todd McShay was on Get Up this a.m. and is echoing what I've seen on other draft sites. He says he has 1st round grades on 3 QBs - Pickett, Corral and Willis in that order, and that they'll go in the 11-20 range. He doesn't think any will go in the top 10. He doesn't have a 1st round grade on Ridder or Howell but thinks they'll be taken late in the 1st. I think he also said none of this year's QBs would crack last year's top 5 in terms of talent.

Another talking head thought that, in addition to Watson, Wilson, Rodgers and Jimmy G, Vegas could be looking to upgrade from Carr. I've never understood folks thinking he's the problem there. I mean he's not a top 10 QB, but 10-12 other teams would love for him to be their problem at QB.

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - 5-8 Bills/Bucs/Saints/Bucs remaining

Cam honestly just needs to retire now, because the rest of this season is going to be an embarrassment for him and the Panthers. He doesn’t have a future in the NFL, and I’d rather tank with PJ under center.

Every quarterback for the Panthers is going to fail until there's an offensive line that can block for him. At least Cam can run from death.

It really doesn't have to be that complicated. Run the no huddle with Cam and try to fly down the field fast as possible. That along with throwing screens slants, and using the read option should help the Oline. As the defense starts to cheat up on Cam running, throw deep balls. If you want to keep Cam in the pocket, we will fail.

Hopefully Rhule’s high school lab partner or whoever he has running the offense now can come up with something worth watching.

well all this Cam talk is moot because Darnold is back, baby!

Well we might as well let him play and see if he can show us what we are getting for our $19 million next season. Maybe he can complete a few passes to his own team the rest of the year.

Anybody else gone completely sour on Fitterer? Dude, the 5th year option on Darnold and the picks we gave? The 3rd round 2022 pick for CJ Henderson? The odd/shitty signings for the O-line?

Well we might as well let him play and see if he can show us what we are getting for our $19 million next season. Maybe he can complete a few passes to his own team the rest of the year.

Anybody else gone completely sour on Fitterer? Dude, the 5th year option on Darnold and the picks we gave? The 3rd round 2022 pick for CJ Henderson? The odd/shitty signings for the O-line?

No. Seems a little early since he hasn't even been there a year yet. Especially with what seems like a solid first draft. I can't imagine he had enough juice to really push back on Rhule if he's the one that wanted to exercise the Darnold option. I can't imagine Tepper is patient with anyone as shitty as they've looked so far but Fitterer should get some time.

fitt seems fine

it's not his fault the team turned to shit after 3 weeks

From an outside perspective, I thought Fitterer had a pretty darn good draft. And I don't give him a ton of fault for the Henderson trade. You just lost your 1st round CB, and you thought you'd be in the playoff chase at the time. As for the Darnold trade and picking up the 5th year option, you know I've always hated Darnold and went ballistic when y'all picked up that option. But I don't know how much of Darnold is on Fitterer v. Rhule/Tepper. If you have an offensive minded coach, GMs often defer to the coach as to who he wants at QB. Back in the day, it was Brian Billick who was responsible for most of the FA QB signings like Mitchell, Banks and Blake, and he was the 1 who fell in love with Boller, not Ozzie or EDC. I get trading for a QB when there was considerable speculation the 1st 4 drafted would be QBs, and there was a chance neither Lance nor Fields would be there for you if Detroit went QB. But once Jones and Fields fell, and you knew the next class was not going to be as strong at QB and that Watson was up in the air, I'd have been tempted to take Jones, especially given that Rhule had a good look at him Senior Bowl week where his reviews were excellent. And when you didn't take a QB in the draft, that's when you picked up Darnold's option a day later. So I guess there was some logic to it given the timing, but I still think it was stupid.

To me, this offseason depends on whether you get Watson, which depends on how interested Philly is in him because they have way more draft capital. If you don't get him, I don't know what the alternative is. You're not going to be in the Qaron or Wilson sweepstakes. I wouldn't trade much for Jimmy G, though I would be interested in Carr, if he is on the market. Otherwise, you're taking a close look at Pickett and Corrall

It's hard to separate Rhule from Fitterer because Tepper made it clear Fit is working under Rhule. I like Fit's hustle. I don't have that much of a problem with the shitty OL signings because I don't think there was much more available. There aren't 30 quality starters at LT. My big problem was not picking one given how hard it is to get a quality LT in free agency whereas good CBs are readily available.

Yeah, this team is going to suck as long as the OL sucks. And the OL is going to suck as long as we keep trying to build it with third rounders and castoffs from other teams.

It's hard to separate Rhule from Fitterer because Tepper made it clear Fit is working under Rhule. I like Fit's hustle. I don't have that much of a problem with the shitty OL signings because I don't think there was much more available. There aren't 30 quality starters at LT. My big problem was not picking one given how hard it is to get a quality LT in free agency whereas good CBs are readily available.

Jason Peters was sitting out in Free Agency for a loooooooooong while

Depends what grade you had on the NW OT. If you don't have a top 10 grade on him, you don't take him in the top 10. There were rumors of trading back with NE, but when that fell through, and you had no other trading partners, you had to make a pick. The phone doesn't always ring.

Back