• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Hello and good morning to any Panthers employees reading my message board demands.

Fire Rhule you needle dicked cowards.

As of yesterday I know that Rhule was going to get another year. That could certainly change but as of now he's getting another year to turn things around.

I personally think that if the last 2 games are a total disaster and Tepper sees a coach that he wants, he will still cut him loose. But as of now Rhule is going to get another year.

As of yesterday I know that Rhule was going to get another year. That could certainly change but as of now he's getting another year to turn things around.

I personally think that if the last 2 games are a total disaster and Tepper sees a coach that he wants, he will still cut him loose. But as of now Rhule is going to get another year.

Maybe it's a brilliant move by Tepper to stick with Rhule and Darnold for another year so he can qualify for drafting Young/Stroud next year. Playing the long game.

I do wonder if our best chance at getting a franchise QB is to get a coach with connections to a potentially available one (Russell Wilson, Rodgers, etc.), then Tepper will fire Rhule and go for it

I have also wondered if Rhule might get pressured into hiring an OC with QB connections (Brian Shottenheimer?)

There’s still this weird (to me) feeling inside the a panthers organization that Darnold can be good with one more off season in a normal organization and a more decent OL. They point to the fact that he makes a lot of really unusually good throws that only a few guys can make or try. I think the problem is he tries so many dumb ones too. But there are those that think that he has really unusual arm talent with strength and touch and just needs to somehow get confidence and get coached out of the risky throws, especially with some time to throw it.

Don’t shoot the messenger.

The other day you said you’d heard he was gone. Is there that much internal back and forth or was your source wrong.

How about the fumble problems?

I can’t think of a single throw that I’ve been impressed with from darnold or thought “wow, he’s one of five that can make this throw”

Darnold was already broken. Rhule was trying to fix him.

I just don't get people who think they can fix Darnold. The dude has arm talent and athleticism, but he has always been a TO machine going back to USC. Good DCs and defenses can always confuse him and get him seeing ghosts. I also don't think he's that bright, at least in terms of football intelligence and processing reads quickly.

Right. Arm talent and athleticism are the bare minimum to be an NFL QB. So a QB a lot of either isn’t really that far ahead of the rest. The QBs that make it are good playmakers, make good reads, and make good decisions. Darnold doesn’t do any of those. At least Cam was and sometimes is a playmaker.

It doesn't matter if he loses the players if he still has Tepper.

lol. I’m beginning to think this guy doesn’t actually like Cam.

If it was that easy to just “work on” things then anyone could do it. You think cam just decided not to study defenses? So instead of appreciating the skills he did have that were best-in-history level he drags him for the parts that are not. Like criticizing every time Tom Brady takes a sack or gets tackled for a loss bc he’s slow for a qb. Shoulda worked on your speed drills asshole Brady!

The narrative of Cam being “lazy”, “not working to improve himself” and “only relying on his athleticism” is completely driven by football fans that don’t like him, it’s not reality. During his time in New England, under the magnifying glass of the most spoiled fanbase and unreasonable head coach, where Cam replaced the greatest QB of all time, his work ethic was never questioned, and was in fact complimented by that entire franchise. It’s been the same since he returned here. It’s not a coincidence that after two shoulder injuries Cam went from being overconfident but inaccurate with a cannon arm, to being unconfident and inaccurate with a weak arm. Watching all the tape in the world was never going to fix his fucked up shoulder.

Yep. I also wonder if "only relying on his athleticism" was in the front office and explains why they didn't prioritize protecting him.

Yep. I also wonder if "only relying on his athleticism" was in the front office and explains why they didn't prioritize protecting him.

I literally think he’d have a civil case against the NFL for letting him get repeatedly detonated in late ‘15 and thru 16. The NFL would literally have executed the dude that laid the head shot on him in Denver if it was against Brady instead of him

Back