• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

They’ve learned not to trust the Panthers to make sense.

The part that stood out to me in that article is that Rhule never beat a ranked team at Baylor.

The only argument I’ve seen to counter this narrative is that Apple has called out several past teams/coaches and hasn’t called out Rhule, right? That maybe it’s a quote taken out of context like “You’ll never play anywhere with that attitude.”

But I don’t know and am not overly eager to defend Rhule.

Best case scenario he was extremely wrong. Worst case he was wrong and a dick.

The only argument I’ve seen to counter this narrative is that Apple has called out several past teams/coaches and hasn’t called out Rhule, right? That maybe it’s a quote taken out of context like “You’ll never play anywhere with that attitude.”

I agree with you completely.

Maybe its mostly kicking a man when he's down which is easy, but the bad press just keeps coming on Rhule. This is why I've been saying that - knowing that Rhule is "on extremely thin ice" makes me continue to doubt that he makes it to training camp as the HC. It almost feels like a Urban Meyer situation where the snowball is rolling downhill and just continues to build on itself until it's just too much. I absolutely know that Tepper is pretty much looking for a good enough reason to stand on to move on from Rhule and he needs for Rhule to hang himself for it to happen. I think if its clear and obvious that Rhule has lost the locker room then he's done. And I just continue to see signs that's where its heading.

Michigan would be crazy IMO to hire Rhule.

When a coach’s dirty laundry starts getting posted on social media you can guarantee they are going to get fired.

If Rhule does get fired what happens with Mcadoodoo, won't a new coach want to pick his OC?

Maybe its mostly kicking a man when he's down which is easy, but the bad press just keeps coming on Rhule. This is why I've been saying that - knowing that Rhule is "on extremely thin ice" makes me continue to doubt that he makes it to training camp as the HC. It almost feels like a Urban Meyer situation where the snowball is rolling downhill and just continues to build on itself until it's just too much. I absolutely know that Tepper is pretty much looking for a good enough reason to stand on to move on from Rhule and he needs for Rhule to hang himself for it to happen. I think if its clear and obvious that Rhule has lost the locker room then he's done. And I just continue to see signs that's where its heading.

Michigan would be crazy IMO to hire Rhule.

rhule is a top candidate for michigan in every article i've read

if harbaugh leaves - it seems that most ppl think the leading candidates would be Gattis (former WF safety / current UM OC), Rhule, O'Brien (Bama OC / former Texans HC), Matt Campbell (Iowa St HC)

Rhule sucks, but Eli Apple has been unceremoniously run off from every locker room he has ever been in. Maybe Apple has changed his ways, but it's not like Rhule was the only coach to ever get tired of him. Out of the myriad of things that Rhule has fucked up, getting rid of Eli Apple is pretty damn low on the list.

Fire Rhule and hire any of the good candidates still available. It’s not too late.

Marvin Lewis said that he interviewed with the Panthers back in 2002 after ESPN already reported the Panthers were going to hire John Fox.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/33200858

An avalanche of those stories may start to come out.

Back