• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Panthers hire Paul Pasqualoni as DL coach.

Not Paul Pasqualoni, Jr. or Paul Pasqualoni III. Nope. 72-year old former longtime Cuse coach Paul Pasqualoni.

I hadn't thought of him in years, but he's been coaching, mostly in the NFL since he left Cuse in 2004. He was the Dolphins DC in 2008-09 and Lions DC in 2018-19.

You only need him for a year so that's fine.

You don't expect the top 3 players at a position to be gone at #6 except maybe QB. I still don't expect it. Worst case scenario trade down to pick up a 2nd and change and take a LT with one of those picks.

Yeah, I'd be really surprised if all 3 OTs go in the top 5. Hutchinson and Thibadeaux are guaranteed to go top 5. And Hamilton, Stingley and Gardner could all go in the top 5. Which sucks because I really want my Ravens to get Gardner at 14 (I'm hoping for a big QB run between 9 and 13). Also, NYJ are at 4 and already have Becton at LT, and they went OL in the 1st last year. I think they go best D player available this year and maybe address RT later.

The WR coach left to take the WR coach job for the Steelers.
The secondary coach took the secondary coach job with the Raiders.

Steve Wilks is back as defensive pass game coordinator/secondary coach.

have pass game coordinators been around a while? I don't really recall hearing the term until Joe Brady at LSU, but maybe he just popularized it.

Probably between Wilks and McAdoo for interim head coach after Rhule is fired.

wilks is a great hire

kinda weird that wilks has had to build his resume back up after one season as a head coach and josh rosen as his QB

wilks is a great hire

kinda weird that wilks has had to build his resume back up after one season as a head coach and josh rosen as his QB

Yeah. Super weird that Wilks got fired after going 3-13 with a shit rookie QB pick and then they hired a fired college coach and picked a good QB with the #1 pick and kept that coach after he went 5-10-1. Weird.

Yeah. Super weird that Wilks got fired after going 3-13 with a shit rookie QB pick and then they hired a fired college coach and picked a good QB with the #1 pick and kept that coach after he went 5-10-1. Weird.

simply no way to explain it, especially in a state like Arizona

simply no way to explain it, especially in a state like Arizona

You put enough of these stories together and it really seems like owners are hiring Black coaches to tank. Then they can scapegoat the coach and hire the guy they really want and actually try to win.

Yes that looks really bad. You can see why Forbes mentions that in his lawsuit.

Back