• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

there are so many horrific backups in the NFL, Darnold is way better than a lot of them

True, there are a lot of bad ones. And some really bad. But here's a list of back-ups I'd take over him: Brissett, Huntley, Trubisky, Flacco, Keenum, Taylor, Mariota, Heinicke, Foles, McCoy, Wohlford and Perkins. If my Ravens lose Huntley after next season because he gets a chance to compete for a starting job, I'd like to see us sign Perkins. He hasn't played in the regular season, but he looked good last preseason.

I was really hoping Malik Cunningham would go pro so the Ravens could draft him (and so the Deacs wouldn't have to face him in Louisville again).

I saw a projection today that had the two top Tackles coming off the board before the Panthers pick.

Reid's latest mock has Neal (1), Ekwanu (4), and Cross (5) all going just before us. He has us taking Malik Willis.

Last edited:
Trade back and get the UNI kid or a few other of those second tier OTs. Seems like it’s a good draft for OTs. Several could go in that 12-45 range.

Trade back and get the UNI kid or a few other of those second tier OTs. Seems like it’s a good draft for OTs. Several could go in that 12-45 range.

Yes, it's a deeper than usual OT draft. I've been looking at mid round OTs for my Ravens. And it's a particularly great TE draft. Actually pretty good for all positions other than QB. One of the Senior Bowl reviewers said the QB winner of the week was Corral for not being there.

and next year's draft with have Stroud and Bryce Young

I really want to tank for one of those guys

was bored so i did the pff mock draft simulator. made three total trades with cleveland, philly & new england. flipped #6 for 15, 21, 45, 53 + Cleveland's 2023 first rounder. not sure how realistic that is but i'd be ecstatic with that result

was bored so i did the pff mock draft simulator. made three total trades with cleveland, philly & new england. flipped #6 for 15, 21, 45, 53 + Cleveland's 2023 first rounder. not sure how realistic that is but i'd be ecstatic with that result

What simulator is that YoungBuck95? I use first-pick.com. It's so addictive.

I don’t know how many draft picks we need after taking 11 last year. I worry about losing quality for quantity.

It's such a killer that we don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Hell you can tell that just from playing the draft simulator. Those are the rounds where you can really make hay. But cool, we have Darnold - at $19MM no less - and CJ Henderson who won't even start next year.

Panthers hire Paul Pasqualoni as DL coach.

Not Paul Pasqualoni, Jr. or Paul Pasqualoni III. Nope. 72-year old former longtime Cuse coach Paul Pasqualoni.

I hadn't thought of him in years, but he's been coaching, mostly in the NFL since he left Cuse in 2004. He was the Dolphins DC in 2008-09 and Lions DC in 2018-19.

Back