• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

This is probably the closest to what I think is going to happen:

https://www.nfl.com/news/seven-round-2021-nfl-mock-draft-round-1-broncos-bears-trade-up-for-qbs

It's not very exciting for us in the short term, but if we can get the Bears first rounder next year, it's what we should do. If that's how the board above us falls, I don't think reaching for Slater would be the right call assuming a trade like this is available. Trading back and still being able to get Darrisaw, Farley or Horn would be the best case scenario.

No. Not going to happen. For various reasons, but the Panthers have 1st round draft grades on 16 players. They are NOT going to trade back to the 20th pick. And damn sure not for that deal. They can't hope that one of those 16 players is still there at 20. Waaay to risky. Bad deal and they won't consider it, unless something changes drastically to shake things up.

So if Pitts, Sewell, and Slater are gone at 8, they’ll either take a QB, trade down, or take a QB then trade down. Makes sense.

Taking Fields or Lance would be a little weird after getting Dalton but we would have been happy with it two months ago.

Chargers just put up a tweet saying they gave up 13 and 77 to move up to 11 with the Giants...then deleted it

The more I think about it, the more I think y'all take Slater at 8. Detroit is the team folks are talking about trading back, which makes sense because they need everything. Atlanta is said to be interested in trading back, but only for a big haul. They're also said to be interested in 1 QB in particular, I'm guessing Lance. I think they stay at 4 and take Lance or Pitts. Cincy takes Sewell. Miami takes Pitts if he's there, if not, Chase - they clearly want an offensive weapon after trading back up to 6. Then NE, WTF or Chicago take a QB. The other word this a.m. is part of the deal with NE moving up is they may be moving Gilmore.

Intelligence is that the Miami Dolphins will select Sewell after trading G Erick Flowers and sliding LT Robert Hunt in at G. They still definitely need a WR though.

FWIW, here's what I'm hearing from my Panthers plug:

"Assuming they stay put, it's either Justin Fields, Ja'marr Chase, or Jaycee Horn for the Panthers at 8"

"They expect the first 5 picks of the draft to be QB, QB, QB, Pitts, Sewell, so the draft starts at #6 for the Panthers"

"Trading down is an option, but the Panthers only have 1st round grades on 16 players, so they don't want to fall below 16. I believe Slater is #15 on their big board"

Wow, I thought Slater would be higher than that. I would guess that means they have Darrishaw higher than Slater. Horn is the only one guaranteed to be there when we pick.

Seems like we've spent a lot of effort picking up bum WRs for the practice squad.

FWIW, here's what I'm hearing from my Panthers plug:

"Assuming they stay put, it's either Justin Fields, Ja'marr Chase, or Jaycee Horn for the Panthers at 8"

"They expect the first 5 picks of the draft to be QB, QB, QB, Pitts, Sewell, so the draft starts at #6 for the Panthers"

"Trading down is an option, but the Panthers only have 1st round grades on 16 players, so they don't want to fall below 16. I believe Slater is #15 on their big board"

Is guitardeac your plug?

I would expect that Darrisaw playing in 2020 helped his draft stock compared to Slater. If I'm using a top-10 pick, I'd feel better about the guy who actually played football last year.

I would expect that Darrisaw playing in 2020 helped his draft stock compared to Slater. If I'm using a top-10 pick, I'd feel better about the guy who actually played football last year.

Sewell opted out too.

Sewell opted out too.

But by all accounts he is the best/most talented LT in the draft. All I'm saying is that playing likely helped Darrisaw make up ground, not that it put him ahead of anyone else. And if I was having trouble deciding between Slater and Darrisaw, I'd go with the guy who played.

team announced the field at BOA converting to turf to due to all the extra games from the MLS team

Back