• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

Well yeah. The top LTs were taken already.

Well yeah. The top LTs were taken already. We need a marquee LT, not some mid-round rando rotation guy.

Official 2021 Carolina Panthers - 1st round CB Jaycee Horn

I’m not trying to play Monday morning QB here, but I don’t think it’s absurd to have predicted the scenario yesterday where we could have presumably traded with the Bears, taken Darrisaw in the first, Asante Samuel Jr in the 2nd, and had an extra first and 4th round pick next year. Instead, we have Horn and while a potentially solid WR, not someone we really need. Not great.

I wonder what it is about Darnold that makes GM’s want him to suffer. I mean, his face is pretty punchable, but...

Last edited:
Tackle
Alaric Jackson, Iowa
Spencer Brown, N.Iowa
Walker Little, Stanford

Guard
Ben Cleveland
Deonte Brown
Josh Myers
Landon Dickerson
Quinn Meinerz Wisconsin-Whitewater
Trey Smith
Wyatt Davis

Well yeah. The top LTs were taken already. We need a marquee LT, not some mid-round rando rotation guy.

What the fuck does that have to do with Marshall?

Edited to add: never mind, I guess you could be arguing they never should have traded down in the first place.

Last edited:
Here is our round. Let’s see who all these dark horses are that we traded down for!

Well here we go. LT from BYU.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/brady-christensen/H9rMrOhs9y

Brady Christensen aligned at left tackle for the Cougars offense. He plays the game with average overall athleticism, with regards to his agility and movement skills. He does a good job handling edge defenders in their conference. However, his athletic limitations may be an issue at the next level. Although he aligns at left tackle, he could be better suited at right tackle while also adding value at guard. He plays with the level of football intelligence required to play multiple positions. He has redeeming value in his size, strength, and football IQ, but would likely struggle against athletic rushers in the NFL if he remains at left tackle.

Picked a 20 year old WR and a 24 year old LT. Christensen is older than Darnold.

We had a discussion a year or two ago about if teams may be hesitant to draft older OL because they may have been good in college because of being more physically mature. We'll see how that plays out.

Gave up the Teddy B 6th round pick to move up 3 spots (73 to 70) for Christensen.

So after all that, we got one season and 3 spots in the 3rd round for Teddy Bridgewater.

Official 2021 Carolina Panthers - 1st round CB Jaycee Horn

How many guys have we had over the years that “will be better suited to right tackle at the next level.”

If we can snag Long and Cox, at least I’ll be able to go to bed with a chuckle.

Last edited:
Back