• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

The only other player I would have been excited about at #8 was Slater and guitardeac says the team didn't rate him that highly, so what do I know ?

Sounds like about as much as guitardeac if you ask me....

I wonder if we turned down a Bears trade offer

we milked the clock to the last second, so guessing we were trying to negotiate a trade and then were forced to pick. seems like most teams didn't take their full clock.

The Patriots are so smart. They could tell by the way the draft was going they could maybe still get Jones at 15. And as each pick went by it became clearer he was going to fall. Once it got to the Panthers they knew they wouldn’t have to jump that far up and give up so much. Worst case they jump a few spots and give up much less. They had it in the holster the whole time. Damn they are smart and lucky.

This. Jones just fell in their lap.

Horn is good - I'm fine with that, though I too would rather have seen a trade down. But you still have Cosmi and Jenkins on the board, so maybe 1 of those 2 will fall to you in the 2nd. That said, I'm less than enthused about picking up Darnold's 5th year option. Rodgers could be on the move soon, and Watson and Wilson could be on the move next offseason. I was only okay with Darnold as a stopgap. He and Goff are the same QB.

Yeah, big time shoutout to guitar, I made a bunch of money on Panthers taking CB and Horn being the first defensive player taken. Lost a little on a hedge with Surtain but whatever.

Are you paying Guitar his tribute? He should be able to wet his beak a little.

Pitts is probably tied with Lawrence as the "game changer" in those top 6 picks and Pitts said CB Horn from USC was easily his toughest matchup. Pitts had 2 TD's but only like 4 catches for 55 yards against USC.

I would draft Pitts (but he will be gone) and thus draft Horn at #8.

Also, either Trask or Mond will make it in the NFL. Which one?

Horn is going to be really good.

WTF ? We traded our second round pick and the Bears took Jenkins.

More picks > right pick I guess.

Got an extra 3rd and 6th for that and a 5th.

Fire these fools. We wouldn’t take a 1st, 4th, and 5th to move down 12 spots in the 1st, but took a 3/2 trade that netted us a 3rd, kind of?

Rhule sucks. He trades away the player we needed. At least Tepper has a soccer team now. They may score more points than the Panthers. My original team the Dolphins are so much better at team building than the Panthers

Last edited:
Don’t even have to play a game. Just pick the best player when it’s your turn.

Yeah, but with all the skill position players drafted in R1, there was bound to be a run on OL in R2. I think we are seeing that, and we may have traded too far back to get a good one now.

Back