• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

PFF Grade for Panthers draft is B-
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-grades-all-32-teams#CAR

Chargers picked after us, had a "standard" draft strategy, and got an A+

NFC South grades
Atlanta B
Carolina B-
Tampa B-
New Orleans C

Not much changed in the division. But Time is the ultimate judge of these drafts. I don't recall the Seahawks drafts being graded highly until they started winning Super Bowls.

That’s great.

This one is good too.

The Grambling G could make the roster as well. PFF had a 4th round grade on him. Ravens were rumored to be interested, which is why I had read up on him. Pauline had a 5 round grade on him, and this is what he had to say:

Position: Offensive Guard
School: Grambling State
Current Year: Senior
Height: 6’1 5/8″
Weight: 320 pounds
Wingspan: 82 5/8″
Arms: 32 5/8″
Hands: 9 5/8″

Tony Pauline’s David Moore Scouting Report

Positives: Wide-bodied, explosive blocker who shows ability at the line of scrimmage and at the second level. Sets with a wide base, bends his knees, and shows strength at the point. Stays square, seals defenders from the action, and turns them from the line. Fights with his hands throughout the play, shows the ability to slide in space, and keeps his feet moving.

Fires into blocks, quickly gets out to the second level, and redirects in motion, displaying the ability to take linebackers from the play. Keeps his head on a swivel and looks for someone to hit.

Negatives: Lazy and late with his hands on occasion. Does not properly place his hands into defenders. Doesn’t consistently get movement run blocking despite his size.

Analysis: Moore is a short, squat lineman with above-average movement skills and a large upside. He needs to finish his game, but he’s a late-round pick with scheme versatility who could develop into a starter.

UDFAs so far.
https://www.catscratchreader.com/2021/5/1/22414975/panthers-2021-undrafted-free-agent-tracker

[h=4]Panthers undrafted free agents[/h] David Moore, G, Grambling State
Oscar Draguicevich III, P, Washington State
Mason Stokke, FB, Wisconsin
Paddy Fisher, LB, Northwestern
Spencer Brown, RB, UAB

We added a QB Peyton Ramsey from Northwestern. It’s not on CSR yet.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sp...undrafted-signs-carolina-panthers/4885654001/

I forgot about Tommy Stevens when discussing QBs above. He’s the guy Rhule really liked last year as a UDFA but the Saints drafted him. He supposedly has Taysom Hill type potential and great size at 6-5/235.

I’m going to be mad if Luke comes out of retirement with the Bills.

They just keep taking our players and winning.

I’m going to be mad if Luke comes out of retirement with anyone because I don’t want to see him with debilitating brain damage at age 45

Wasn’t Luke pretty overqualified for that gig? I’d think he would take a coaching position, but I’m not surprised if he doesn’t want to be a scout.

Seems like a scout is a pretty flexible position for a guy in his first year of retirement.

Official 2021 Carolina Panthers - RB, 2 WR, TE, LT, OG, 2 DT, 2 CB, LS drafted

Man. Ship off Cam. Push Luke out (off the field). Let Greg go. I know we ripped on the old regime for clinging to franchise guys for too long, but I half expect Tepper to find Steve Smith and kick his puppy. Maybe report Peppers to the IRS. Spit in Delhomme's Bojangles.

Last edited:

We would still have contract rights on him right? So we would have to trade him to the bills.

I bet if he came out of retirement that is where he would want to go.

Dan Morgan has TONS more experience than Luke. Heck he's already a Director of Player Personnel. I cant imagine Luke would think he should be ready for an asst GM job - from 2 years at most of scouting.

Between the lines. Luke resigns the day before the Panthers ask to interview another (former Panther) for Asst GM job. I could very well be wrong.

Check the tweet again. Luke resigned "a few weeks ago."

Back