• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

The scoop on Luke.

He just wanted to get out of football for now. He has absolutely no ill will to Panthers and in fact they do not in any way push him out or hurt his feelings in any way. Luke and the ex players think Tepper et al do a nice job with former Panthers. Olsen and Davis i think came back and retired as Panthers the day after they quit. As I was told, you rarely see an ex player as young and rich as Luke working as a scout or a low level job. It just doesn’t make a lot of sense when you have his bank account and is that young.

this is what i heard as well

still pretty bummed he had to retire early, and being a scout made it harder

I am glad to be wrong about the timing of Luke's departure. I do think he'd be a great coach (LB coach to DC to HC) or GM some day. Maybe he will, on his terms.

It will make picking up Darnold's 5th year option a minor annoyance. If he has a solid year, we could trade him for a 4th rounder or higher or he'll be part of the package.

I could see putting together some package for Watson like next year's 1st and 2nd and 2023 1st and 3rd. Then Fit and Rhule can just wheel and deal and turn the remaining picks into more players or do some aggressive trade ups to get a few specific Day 2 and 3 players.

I hope we learned our lesson of trashing Teddy and destroying his trade value. We need to prop up Darnold and strengthen his trade value for a Watson deal.

Agreed. Maybe get it closer to the Stafford trade.

would we rather suck with Darnold or be taken to the glory land with a serial predator as QB.

Tough call.

Meh, I'm still not buying all of what Buzbee is selling. And the odd thing is after trying his case on social media for weeks, we now have radio silence. Maybe a settlement ensues, and that could make him tradable right away. The other aspect of these suits could be that it has driven down Watson's trade value, so now maybe you can get him for less.

Oddly enough, I spoke with a member of the Texans organization on Sunday, a good friend's brother. He's bounced around a few teams, so not a loyal Texan by any means, and doesn't know what to think about the Deshaun situation. Other players have gotten 6-8 games for much less than what he's accused of, but then you've got the Kraft slap on the wrist to consider as well. He also said this is extremely out of character for Deshaun, or at least his impression of him. He thinks there's definitely a layer of truth to the accusations (or at least a % of them), but the "trial by media" is definitely overblowing things as well. FWIW.

would we rather suck with Darnold or be taken to the glory land with a serial predator as QB.

Tough call.

Sure. I totally get it. But I'll say again, Watson will be punished in some way. He will have a redemption tour. And he will have another 10+ years as a top QB in this league. Do we want that to be with the Panthers or some other franchise?

Sure. I totally get it. But I'll say again, Watson will be punished in some way. He will have a redemption tour. And he will have another 10+ years as a top QB in this league. Do we want that to be with the Panthers or some other franchise?

I'm leaning Watson here.

Meh, I'm still not buying all of what Buzbee is selling. And the odd thing is after trying his case on social media for weeks, we now have radio silence. Maybe a settlement ensues, and that could make him tradable right away. The other aspect of these suits could be that it has driven down Watson's trade value, so now maybe you can get him for less.

Ahhh the those 23 hoes be lyin and lawyers are trying to cash in theory.

I think I can get behind this for some W's.

If no criminal charges are filed, and he settles the civil cases, I don't see the league punishing him, especially if Buzbee doesn't make the women available to the NFL like he didn't with the Houston PD - because the Houston PD was prejudiced against Buzbee. The interesting thing would be if the Houston PD charges him with solicitation, not assault. The league would have a tough time justifying a suspension of Watson after not doing anything to Kraft.

Ahhh the those 23 hoes be lyin and lawyers are trying to cash in theory.

I think I can get behind this for some W's.

I'm not saying there is no truth to their stories. WhoTF knows what really happened? But Buzbee is a total sleazoid, and I don't trust a word he says. He first says he'll make the women available to the cops, then doesn't because he says the cops are prejudiced against him. Holds a presser to say there was no coordination with the Texans organization, isn't a Texans fan, that he doesn't know the McNair family, and the timing of the suits was coincidental because he really doesn't know much about football. This from a man who was a neighbor of the late Bob McNair, and he doesn't know about football, yet spent some cash to buy a billboard begging the Texans to draft Manziel when he came out.

I'm not saying there is no truth to their stories. WhoTF knows what really happened? But Buzbee is a total sleazoid, and I don't trust a word he says. He first says he'll make the women available to the cops, then doesn't because he says the cops are prejudiced against him. Holds a presser to say there was no coordination with the Texans organization, isn't a Texans fan, that he doesn't know the McNair family, and the timing of the suits was coincidental because he really doesn't know much about football. This from a man who was a neighbor of the late Bob McNair, and he doesn't know about football, yet spent some cash to buy a billboard begging the Texans to draft Manziel when he came out.

Lots of bottom feeding scum to go around.

Fuck it let's win a SB.

Back