• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

I think it was tough for Luke to be around football but not playing

Being a scout is a grind too, if you already have millions there are easier ways to stay busy

n4a4objqj4x61.png

Y'all have any interest in Rodgers if GB is willing to consider NFC teams?

Well yeah of course - But I think it is difficult to value a 38 year old QB (even an MVP) in terms of what what would have to be given up in a trade to get him

Would make no sense for the rebuilding plan we are on, none what so ever

The rebuilding plan only exists because they don't have a QB. The defense is fine. CMC is great, the WRs are serviceable. The line sucks but his mobility and quick release help compensate for that. Rodgers has done more with less, you don't pass up that opportunity.

Yes, we are interested in Rodgers. Probably everyone is. We are not on his list though, so it's academic at this point.

Would make no sense for the rebuilding plan we are on, none what so ever

Yeah. I'd have no interest in duplicating what the Bucs did the season by bringing in an all-time great QB. Better to just stick with a rebuild with a mediocre QB.

(Obviously I'm kidding)

Yeah. I'd have no interest in duplicating what the Bucs did the season by bringing in an all-time great QB. Better to just stick with a rebuild with a mediocre QB.

(Obviously I'm kidding)

worked for the Broncos, too. and there were lots of doubts about Peyton's abilities coming off injury. no doubts about Rodgers.

Official 2021 Carolina Panthers - RB, 2 WR, TE, LT, OG, 2 DT, 2 CB, LS drafted

I think if the Panthers were to make a play for Rodgers, we'd need to add a premier, or at least above average, OT (not going to happen) and probably at least one more impact player on defense without losing anyone in order to be a real contender. Then pick up a short yardage backup RB.

Last edited:
worked for the Broncos, too. and there were lots of doubts about Peyton's abilities coming off injury. no doubts about Rodgers.

For good reason. His arm was a noodle after the neck injury. They won the SB despite him playing worse than Trent Dilfer. If you think about it, Mike Remmers should have 2 SB co-MVPs.

For good reason. His arm was a noodle after the neck injury. They won the SB despite him playing worse than Trent Dilfer. If you think about it, Mike Remmers should have 2 SB co-MVPs.

sure, but he was fucking great those first few years in Denver.

sure, but he was fucking great those first few years in Denver.

Meh, the mind was great, but the arm had atrophied. He was awful that last year and had to be replaced by I think it was Osweiler. The year the Ravens went to the SB, Denver were the best team, but he threw that pick in OT that was caused by lack of arm strength. We've been watching a repeat of those playoff failures the last 2-3 years with Brees, whose arm has also been past done. It was sad to watch both declines because both had such great careers and minds for the game.

Meh, the mind was great, but the arm had atrophied. He was awful that last year and had to be replaced by I think it was Osweiler. The year the Ravens went to the SB, Denver were the best team, but he threw that pick in OT that was caused by lack of arm strength. We've been watching a repeat of those playoff failures the last 2-3 years with Brees, whose arm has also been past done. It was sad to watch both declines because both had such great careers and minds for the game.

He was runner-up for MVP his first year there and won it the next year. Remember when he threw 7 TDs against the Ravens on opening night?

He did decline rapidly, but an MVP, Super Bowl win and Super Bowl appearance are way better than what people expected of him leaving Indy.

He was runner-up for MVP his first year there and won it the next year. Remember when he threw 7 TDs against the Ravens on opening night?

He did decline rapidly, but an MVP, Super Bowl win and Super Bowl appearance are way better than what people expected of him leaving Indy.

Yeah, the 1st 2 years were a lot better than the last 2. But even then, that throw across his body to Graham was after that 1st season in OT, and that throw had nothing on it allowing Graham to jump it. Pretty amazing how much he was able to accomplish with that noodle those 1st 2 years, but the cold weather come playoff time exacerbated the lack of arm strength.

The scoop on Luke.

He just wanted to get out of football for now. He has absolutely no ill will to Panthers and in fact they do not in any way push him out or hurt his feelings in any way. Luke and the ex players think Tepper et al do a nice job with former Panthers. Olsen and Davis i think came back and retired as Panthers the day after they quit. As I was told, you rarely see an ex player as young and rich as Luke working as a scout or a low level job. It just doesn’t make a lot of sense when you have his bank account and is that young.

Back