• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Carolina Panthers Thread - Time for the 2022 thread

There are so many solid kickers floating around the edges of the NFL that you just cannot wait on a guy to “get out of a slump “, especially when a kicker can straight up win or lose a couple of games a year for you. It’s a tough business and Slye is going to find that out the hard way.

Will DuhArnold play more than one series tonight? Will the Panthers visit the end zone?

To be fair, I wasn’t seeking to be annoying by condensing your message. I was seeking to be annoying by pointing out its inherent hypocrisy. But, like I said, the jury is still out and we will see where this coaching and ownership regime ultimately lead us.

Yeah. Rhule has impressed me as a human being from what I've seen just in the media and as a coach of players. I am not sure yet on his game coaching to my eyes IMO. And I'm probably on an island but Joe Brady hasn't been my hero yet. He feels a little like a one hit wonder lightning in a bottle guy.

I agree. I like Rhule just fine. I don't think he has done anything deserving of all the power he's been given over the franchise. He hasn't made any great decisions that I've seen except getting a hot young guy in Brady but that hasn't panned out. It irks me that he seems really loyal to his guys, who haven't really shown anything either.

I do feel like either we're good this year or Tepper will clean house, so that's some saving grace.

Sucks that the defense is going to go a whole preseason without a single snap against a starting QB.

I don't think Darnold threw a pass more than 10 yards that series. Nice PD by Horn on the opening drive.

I wish Smitty called every game.

we got rid of teddy bc he was checkdown charlie and not much arm talent

we bring in a gunslinger with an arm that had a tendency to force too much and have beaten him down to be checkdown charlie. need to find a better medium

What sort of cleaning house do you think he’d do? Rhule’s seat doesn’t seem warm at all.

What sort of cleaning house do you think he’d do? Rhule’s seat doesn’t seem warm at all.

It would get warm after a 4-13 season.

Didn’t he get like a 7 year deal or something

Yeah, but that doesn't mean much to a gazillionaire.

Santoso hits a 52 yarder

Then Slye got a penalty for blasting the kickoff too soon.

Completely agree about beating down Darnold into Checkdown Charlie. But he should have gotten rid of the ball there before that sack.

seems like the staff has emphasized not making a mistake over all else for him and they've overcorrected. he's hesitant. hopefully he can get more comfortable with reps

is it bad our 1st string oline is losing to the steelers 2nd string? it's not LT either, it's the interior

Yes, love Smitty in the booth.

Darnold looks BAD. Play calling is ridiculous for a preseason game too. I get trying to get Darnold some confidence but damn. Darnold looks exactly like his Jets issues, complete with terrible blocking. Damn. The definition of insanity is …..

seems like the staff has emphasized not making a mistake over all else for him and they've overcorrected. he's hesitant. hopefully he can get more comfortable with reps

With these WRs and this defense, we can afford a QB who takes some risks down field. Death by FG isn't going to work especially with a bottom of the barrell kicker.

How does it work during preseason, do all the extra players get a locker at the stadium or is there a secondary locker room or what

Back