• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Fitness / Weight-Loss Accountability Thread - BACK FOR 2024!

Best thing I’ve found for my sweet tooth is sugar free chocolate pudding. Or Yasso bars.

Best thing I’ve found for my sweet tooth is sugar free chocolate pudding. Or Yasso bars.
My wife made some frozen chocolate bars, which are mostly made of chickpeas and dates. I tried one this afternoon, and they were really good.

She's also been making cookies from sourdough that are fantastic. I'm going to see if she can add protein powder to the mix.

I’m trying to eat in a deficit, but then i see that Tillamook has new ice cream flavors. Also eating in a deficit with kids is tough. Someone has to eat that chicken tender!

One of my (not so) secret reasons for going to certain restaurants as a family is the guarantee that I will get my own meal, plus half of each of my kids’ then if I’m lucky some of wife’s as well. Great for replenishing calories after runs!

My wife made some frozen chocolate bars, which are mostly made of chickpeas and dates. I tried one this afternoon, and they were really good.

She's also been making cookies from sourdough that are fantastic. I'm going to see if she can add protein powder to the mix.
can you ask her to please pass on this recipe? I am INTRIGUED

One of my (not so) secret reasons for going to certain restaurants as a family is the guarantee that I will get my own meal, plus half of each of my kids’ then if I’m lucky some of wife’s as well. Great for replenishing calories after runs!

Yeah buddy.

I do a couple 4-person Hello Fresh meals every week, and it's the same result. I'm always cleaning up the kids plates, and there's at least one serving leftover for the next day.

This week, I retired a pair of size 40 jeans I’ve probably worn probably 3-4 times a week for several years. I started wearing size 38 jeans I bought awhile back but never wore. It’s a good feeling.

This week, I retired a pair of size 40 jeans I’ve probably worn probably 3-4 times a week for several years. I started wearing size 38 jeans I bought awhile back but never wore. It’s a good feeling.

Great work!

Even though I shouldn't care about weight, I was pretty pleased that I went on two 4-5 day trips over the last 11 days and this morning weighed before I left.

Had a great workout today. Full Body. Try to bang out 10-12 reps at the top of each minute for 4 minutes. Rest at "failure" or 12 reps. 10 body parts 1 exercise per. Ends up being 30 seconds or less rest time between sets.
Followed that with 15 minutes on the exercise bike. :30 seconds full go, 1:00 low
Then a 15 minute sauna. Feeling great today!!!

Ran 5 miles today in 44 minutes and 55 seconds at the gym today. That includes going 3.5 mph for the first 2 minutes as a warm up. I’m pretty happy with my running progress. I was trying to do faster and faster 5Ks but my heart rate was getting into the mid to high 160s which I gather is not a great idea, so I keep the pace at 8:50 per mile but have been pushing my duration up.

I've been gradually running more over the last 6 weeks or so, and finally ran 5 miles yesterday after not running that distance since dealing with a tibial stress fracture last year (diagnosed early July after taking all of June off due to pain). It's nervewracking to add mileage when I'm so nervous about breaking myself again... but dang it feels so good to be getting back to a level of fitness I expect of myself and I'm legitimately looking forward to longer and longer runs as spring and summer go on. My resting heart rate is also starting to drop again, average HR while running is dropping as well. WE'RE DOING IT!

I haven't been able to "run" outside of short bursts in years.. But I have tried working sprints into my dog walks. And not really runs, but making bets with my kids on walks at disney - like can we make sure to get 10K steps in before 1. We end up doing rides in no logical order but get the steps in.

Been up and down with my diet lifestyle change since January but made a concerted effort to get focused after the family trip to NYC. Down 8 lbs since 4/7. Weighing every couple of days seems to help keep me focused on my eating. Hadn't been doing that since December and my weight has yo-yo'd.

Have had a weird stomach bug thing going on for a week now....

BUT

Since about 4 or 5 days before it started, I've lost 24.6 lbs.

Really insane how much I lost...hope I can stick to it when I'm back to 100%.

Never did come back and post after this, but that "Stomach Bug" thing was actually appendicitis. Doc said he had never heard of someone having an attack and then just powering thru for 10-14 days before seeing a doctor. But I did. Not sure if that's something to be proud of or ashamed of. But it happened.

Now that I'm appendix free, I have been in more stomach pain than ever before. I think I either pulled a stomach muscle or ripped something inside RIGHT AFTER my post-op visit. Like we went to my Grandma's for lunch and I was sitting in this old rocking chair she has and I tried to stand up, but the chair sits too low to the ground and I kinda got stuck in it (old furniture does not accommodate my big ass) and ended up having to use more core strength than expected and got to a point where I either had to push thru and stand up or plop backward into her old chair that was right in front of her china cabinet. I chose the former and screeched out in pain.

I rested and relaxed and tried to get thru the muscle pains and they seemed to go away about 3 or 4 days ago...the pains were right above my incision areas, so I don't think it was a hernia...no bulging, fever, nausea, redness, or pain when pushed on.

But about 2 days ago I started getting this insanely intense indescribable pain in my stomach muscle area. Like its toward my belly button, and doesn't feel like anything I've ever felt before. It feels like my skin is literally tearing apart at the seams...ya know...if there was a seam there. The only thing I kinda can compare it to is when you have like a really strong, tight bandaid on your skin, but you put it on wrong and when you straighten or bend the joint near it, it pulls on the skin and hair in that area....just multiplied by a factor of 100. It happens anytime I bend or reach or even just sitting sometimes. I've looked up all symptoms of muscle tears and hernias, and this really doesn't seem to be it, but I am making an appointment Monday to see a doc. Just not sure whether to see the doc that did my Appendectomy or my PCP....I'm fairly certain my PCP will forward me back to the other doc, so I'll probably go to him. (BTW, it was a robotic appendectomy, so I'm like 22% sure the pain is just part of the assimilation process and I am on my way to becoming a cyborg [But for real tho...a (human controlled) robot operated on me....that sounds so cool for some reason]).

Any doctors feel free to offer up some advice. If it IS a muscle tear or hernia, how are they diagnosed? If it's a hernia is that an automatic trip back to the emergency room? What should I expect? THANKS!

Back