• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Fitness / Weight-Loss Accountability Thread - BACK FOR 2024!

what resources are you guys using for your lifting programs these days?
I build my own and track in an app. Depends on your experience (do you need a lot of advice about technique, do you feel confident performing compound movements), equipment you have access to (I work out at home, so everything I do has to be doable on a bench or power rack and free weights or bands), time you want to dedicate per week, stylistic stuff (for me, I prefer total body splits to something like push/pull/legs, and would rather more shorter workouts than fewer longer ones), and goals.

I like Jeff Nippard's youtube channel for educational stuff.

He has a fundamentals series for going over the basics.

He also has good technique series for most of the major exercises.

Saw this one and immediately thought of mako of course.

He also goes over some specific programming on his channel and has full programs on his website which can also be found for free with good googling.

Started strength training Jan 1. Going at least 3 days a week for that and still throwing in a bootcamp workout or two in between. How likely is it that I've maybe gained a couple pounds of muscle in 3 weeks? The scales went the other direction on my weigh in but I did have a pretty bad 2 weeks around Christmas. :oops:

I was steadily losing weight. Then I plateaued after I started this muscle building program. Over the last week I’ve started back losing weight again.

I use Bodi app (formerly Beachbody). Ton of options but I'm currently doing they program called Lift4. It's a combination of core, weight lifting, and hiit. I have a mat and dumbells from 5-45 pounds. Solid stuff.

Good luck

I'm kind of winging it right now. I set a goal around doing daily kettlebell swings leading up to my birthday so that is one part of my fitness journey. I returned to the gym this week for weights and I'm doing a very basic, scaled down "hybrid-athlete" style of training that consists of 2 days of full body weights (super basic - squat, bench, press, pull up work, and some rehab on lower back so I can return to deadlifts) and 2 days per week of running. I'd like to eventually transition into one of Nick Bare's programs once I can better handle the volume, the caveat being once spring arrives and the trails are open my fitness priority will shift to prioritize my mountain bike. I'd like to get in 3 rides per week (~20 miles).

I bought a shit ton of egg whites at Costco. Any recommendations?

Did you buy them by accident or was there really no plan before purchasing a shit ton of egg whites?

Back when I did a cycle of p90x many years ago I did a windy style diet where I ate scrambled egg white burritos for dinner every day for a couple months to lose weight.

Nowadays if I had a shit ton of egg whites I’d probably just make a lot of mini quiches in cupcake tins and eat one with breakfast.

Back when I did a cycle of p90x many years ago I did a windy style diet where I ate scrambled egg white burritos for dinner every day for a couple months to lose weight.

Nowadays if I had a shit ton of egg whites I’d probably just make a lot of mini quiches in cupcake tins and eat one with breakfast.

One?

That’s not how you get your macros bro.

I’m also not sure I fully understand macros.

One?

Well it’d replace the one hard boiled egg I currently eat with my oatmeal at breakfast.

Doesn’t include the protein shake I’d have already chugged earlier that morning.

One?

They are the major nutrients of the food we eat - Carbs, fat, protein. At a high level a macro tracking diet is just building your food intake around a targeted percentage of the three macros as opposed to calorie counting which in theory could be much more permissive with how you are getting your calories. Windy or Mako can probably add more detail.

isn’t a lot of the good stuff in the yolk? I though egg whites were kinda debunked

Back