• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Fitness / Weight-Loss Accountability Thread - BACK FOR 2024!

Had a pretty good workout today, relatively. Wish I could work more than 25 minutes of exercise into my hour lunch break.

Screen Shot 2024-01-19 at 5.01.05 PM.png

seems fine to me

i've operated under the understanding that it was mostly calories in vs. calories out re: fat

need to make sure you're getting the right nutrition (protein, vitamins, etc.) for your calories and fatty foods are often not foods that provide nutrient-dense calories, but I don't think eggs is one of those examples

and the "calories out" side of the equation is a lot more complex than the calories in piece

but i'm not up on the current nutrition lit

1705705968538.png

I think it's just about the protein to fat ratio and the "bang for your buck" on getting protein without adding fats. Protein drives muscle mass which also leads to fat burning. So Protein tends to double dip by adding muscle building nutrients. Fat is critical for muscle development but not in the same volumes as protein. So when putting together a nutrition program to lose weight... having a 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 Protein to fat intake will help optimize that. Egg whites boost the protein portion of that ratio without adding additional fat calories

best body weight routine for strength if you’re a month or so without gym access?

Long run this morning was super goddamn cold but at least I pretty much had the whole greenway to myself as a result.

Long run this morning was super goddamn cold but at least I pretty much had the whole greenway to myself as a result.
Yeah I ran before the sun came up and neglected to wear my tights and that ended up being a mistake.

Not many benefits to being sober, but one is that i don’t have to worry about those calories.
Man, there are a ton of benefits to being sober. I enjoy beer, but it’s far and away my worst health habit.

It's mako. Did he at least wear a shirt?

You pay $250 a month to work out in a gym but still run outdoors in 15 degree weather? You’d think your…box or whatever it’s called could spring for a treadmill.

Back