• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

The story I heard about Saban is that he was in Baton Rouge signing the contract and he sent a plane back to Mich St with the word that any assistant who wanted to come to LSU better be on that plane. When it touched down in back in Baton Rouge, it was empty. He obviously has done ok despite that rocky start, but Brian Kelly is no Nick Saban.

I will be surprised if Kelly finishes his contract. IMHO, he gets 4 years to be back in the playoff and he needs to be close by year three. If not, he'll be gone. My bet would be gone by end of season 4.

A single grad assistant followed Saban to LSU. That GA was Adam Gase.

If you are Tommy Rees, how do you feel about Freeman getting the job? You have been with ND for as a coach for 4 years, and you are 6 years younger. If Freeman is successful ( in part because of your offense) you're probably not getting your chance to be head coach, but if Freeman fails it will be in part because of your offense and you will have to leave and then hopefully come back. If a guy like Fickell or Campbell were named Head coach, you could see yourself taking the job in 10 years or so, but with Freeman being so young and you being tied to him, its interesting.

Maybe Freeman goes to the NFL in 5 years and Rees takes over, but if this is Tommy Rees' dream job, then he may have to re-evaluate.

Rees is staying at ND. So he must feel OK about it. Maybe ND OC is his dream job.

Addazio fired from Colorado State. They have been atrocious and he’s been a bit ridiculous both on and off the field. I believe he was ejected in their last game.

LOL some Athletic reporter saying Duke had interest in Freeman. Weak feed from the AD trying to get some cred.

LOL some Athletic reporter saying Duke had interest in Freeman. Weak feed from the AD trying to get some cred.

Yet certain posters on this board think Josh Gattis should take that job.

A friend of mine is a relative of Kelly's. When we first met and she shared this news with me, I believe her exact words were "he's a real asshole." She was right.

Maybe it's the ruddy complexion (or maybe just the whole asshole thing), but Kelly has always had a bit of a Bobby Petrino vibe to me.

Lol well I’m sure they did have interest in him. It just has to be, you know, reciprocated.

Addazio fired from Colorado State. They have been atrocious and he’s been a bit ridiculous both on and off the field. I believe he was ejected in their last game.

Maybe it's the ruddy complexion (or maybe just the whole asshole thing), but Kelly has always had a bit of a Bobby Petrino vibe to me.

I did hear he was spotted this morning at the Baton Rouge Harley Davidson dealership. If that helps.

Wasn't there some sort of problem with Addazio at BC? (besides not winning)

lol, google him man. There's a lot more smoke than just the fake BR tweet. I bet he ends up at OU.

Might want to circle back on this one, big boy

Looks like Brent Venables to Oklahoma is about to be a done deal.

there was a fake Bleacher Report tweet, did you get got by that?

Nah. I almost did...but there's more to it.

Lol no, you got got.

:couch:

Back