• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

I will be surprised if Kelly finishes his contract. IMHO, he gets 4 years to be back in the playoff and he needs to be close by year three. If not, he'll be gone. My bet would be gone by end of season 4.

Thing is, he's actually a good coach who could never overcome the talent gap vs SEC schools.

Not a problem anymore. I could easily see him coaching them to the playoffs within 3 years.

Thing is, he's actually a good coach who could never overcome the talent gap vs SEC schools.

Not a problem anymore. I could easily see him coaching them to the playoffs within 3 years.

He’s a good coach but he’s also greatly benefited from the independent status bullshit and a pretty weak ACC schedule. Will be pretty interesting to see how it plays out.

And I mean hey $100MM is $100MM any way you slice it. Gotta take a swing with that kind of money in play.

Kelly's walking into a pretty decent situation at LSU on day one. They don't lack talent right now.

He’s really good and will have even more talent. More than Alabama? I dunno.

WTF?

Hope this isn't Hugh Freeze situation. Odd.

Must be protesting the ACC COY voting.

Speculation that he wouldn’t get rid of some of his staff? Maybe that’s off.

He did look kind of dead behind the eyes this year. But maybe he’s generally a pretty expressionless guy.

Yeah but Michigan State isn’t a top tier job - ND is though - even though LSU is better. Also- Saban was early 50’s when he arrived there- Kelly is 10 years older. Think this is just about Kelly cashing in for a retirement gig. Though on a much bigger scale - this reminds me a lot of TOB to NC State - doesn’t make any sense on paper and is an odd cultural fit

Maybe an odd cultural fit from a regional perspective. Kelly was at Central Michigan and Cincy before Notre Dame and those schools are hardly academic powerhouses.

Back