• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

cbd955767917cd090b0f6a706700cf26_t800.jpg

One of the funniest head coach debacles ever - "doesn't matter, got laid." LOL.

The idea of having to watch a Lobotzke offense against the defenses of the SEC West is frightening.

At the time- I heard that if Grobe went to Arkansas - Lobo would’ve been OL line coach

The birth of a new rivalry between uva and vt coaches coming in at the same moment. Has to have been a long time since that happened, if ever.

To add more intrigue to this, the name I am seeing UVA fans want is Anthony Poindexter, who was the co DC at PSU with Pry. To have both of PSU's DC going against each other year after year for the Commonwealth Cup would be something. I am not sure Poindexter is ready, but I feel as if he would do extremely well recruiting in VA.

To add more intrigue to this, the name I am seeing UVA fans want is Anthony Poindexter, who was the co DC at PSU with Pry. To have both of PSU's DC going against each other year after year for the Commonwealth Cup would be something. I am not sure Poindexter is ready, but I feel as if he would do extremely well recruiting in VA.

At least Poindexter played and coached at UVA.

At least Poindexter played and coached at UVA.

Wake has been so successful with our last 2 hires because we hired a MAC coach that could bring their whole staff and gave them time to implement their system and redshirt. Yeah- the offense schemes aren’t traditional sets that are gonna attract big time recruits (I’m referring to the orbit with Grobe and the first few years of the Clawfense Power I) but you have to scheme at a smaller program. We also weren’t concerned about retaining X assistant or whatever because let’s be honest - we aren’t a program that can attract blue chip recruits any way (atleast not yet) and aren’t gonna build a staff around that.

UVA is similar to Wake. While bigger than Wake and the flagship state school of a state that produces a lot of good high school football players- does UVA want to take the Wake route with a system or do they want to jump in the deep end and “win now” with better recruits and a pro style offense and focus on recruiting The Tidewater and NoVA and keeping kids in state? I think one of the reasons we’ve been successful is we give people time to do the system route and while a lot of programs “think” they can take the second route and “should be able to” - the reality is there are very few that still can in this day and age due to the innovation and dispersion of talent at “lesser programs”

Skimming the twitterverse definitely looks like Miami is going to open up too.

Skimming the twitterverse definitely looks like Miami is going to open up too.

Friend of mine who pretty connected there is convinced they will have deal with Cristobal together soon.

Seems to me NIL and the portal has changed the coaching profession. I can see a guy like Bronco calling it quits. Clawson says the system is broken. Guys like Kelly going where the NIL money is easy pickings. Interesting times.

Seems to me NIL and the portal has changed the coaching profession. I can see a guy like Bronco calling it quits. Clawson says the system is broken. Guys like Kelly going where the NIL money is easy pickings. Interesting times.

Why wouldn’t NIL money be easy pickings at ND? Catholics have been getting fleeced for thousands of years.

Saw one of my patients this morning who is a former ND football player. I have nothing surprising to report. He said that Kelly is a dick and had put off a lot of former players if they weren't NFL guys. Speaking to people associated with the program, he was surprised how many booster Kelly had pissed off. He was happy that Kelly was gone. That's also how I found out all the staff was staying at ND (you guys probably already knew that). It was brought up earlier but seemed too sweet to happen. I love that no one of significance followed him.

I also asked when they were joining the ACC in football, "NEVER. NEVER". No smile at all. With that, I told him that I appreciated him cheering for Wake this weekend since ND won't be playing anywhere. He smiled a little and assured me he would be.

If they steal any more of our recruits, though, his prostate exams start early. Never can be too careful.

Thing is, he's actually a good coach who could never overcome the talent gap vs SEC schools.

Not a problem anymore. I could easily see him coaching them to the playoffs within 3 years.

Yes. He's now at a school where he can get just about anybody in, and be able to keep them hidden in basket-weaving level classes that keep them eligible but do little for their education.

It is big business as in billions. A guy changing his accent is part and parcel of that. No different than a politician. In the future, amateurism is at the very bottom of any consideration for most all programs. Integrity and work ethic matter more when there is less raw talent but ultimately it is all about raw talent and skill. WF is the exception to the rule and that is another reason we all praise WF while the detractors stew and brood about WF leading the pack. They think we stole their debit card because that is how they operate in the first place.

gotta see the Sam Swank video of "Dad leaving" for the Hendersons next door.

Back