• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

Miami is making a big $$$$ play at boosting athletics. This looks like the first big step.

Why the F would the AD at Clemson go to Miami? That’s crazy to me. I mean, living in Miami would be a million times better than living in Clemson, but otherwise that is a major step down athletics wise.

You’ve probably answered your own question. Or it could be salary. And also he gets to hire a new football coach and a new basketball coach so he can turn things around.

Why the F would the AD at Clemson go to Miami? That’s crazy to me. I mean, living in Miami would be a million times better than living in Clemson, but otherwise that is a major step down athletics wise.

I would much rather live in the mountains and on Lake Hartwell than in freaking Miami and I think many people over the age of 25 would agree.

I think he’s a Miami alumnus.

You’ve probably answered your own question. Or it could be salary. And also he gets to hire a new football coach and a new basketball coach so he can turn things around.

yeah, in our sports bubble it’s easy to forget that these are real people with lives, families, etc.

I think he’s a Miami alumnus.

And he’ll be tasked with hiring another alum. And hoops with a Miami alum coach may want to watch out too.

My wife grew up in Miami and wouldn’t want to live there. But most people who grew up there love it.

Last edited:

Sounds like you answered your own question. Beach way better than no beach.

Living in Miami making an ass ton of money >>>>>>>living in Clemson SC making an ass ton of money. C'mon people.

I would much rather live in the mountains and on Lake Hartwell than in freaking Miami and I think many people over the age of 25 would agree.

I’m guessing the school options for your kids are better in Miami than bumfuck SC. That would be a big factor for me as a parent.

I’m guessing the school options for your kids are better in Miami than bumfuck SC. That would be a big factor for me as a parent.

That’s fair. I often forget that as it is not something in my present or future haha.

When Radkovich was at GT, he built a new facility for just about everything and gave out absurd contracts to coaches. Then he bailed for Clemson, leaving GT shackled with a shit ton of debt that still haunts them today.

(Since then, the bumble bees haven’t exactly helped themselves with other hires and buyouts. See: Gregory, B., Johnson, P., and Collins, G.)

Back to Radkovich - if you want an AD to blow through money like there’s no tomorrow, he’s your guy.

And if you have a spouse, being in a small, rural town is pretty much a non-starter if they want to have a career.

And if you have a spouse, being in a small, rural town is pretty much a non-starter if they want to have a career.

I have friends that work at Clemson. They all just live in Greenville.

Wait, why are teams fighting to offer a mediocre coach like Cristobal close to $10M a year? The sport has just gotten stupid.

Back