• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

Tell me you got fired without telling me you got fired.

“I need to spend more time with my family.”

“This is 100% my choice.”

The story I heard about Saban is that he was in Baton Rouge signing the contract and he sent a plane back to Mich St with the word that any assistant who wanted to come to LSU better be on that plane. When it touched down in back in Baton Rouge, it was empty. He obviously has done ok despite that rocky start, but Brian Kelly is no Nick Saban.

The point is that Kelly is still a good coach and will find quality coaches that will want to work for him at LSU.

We’re one of the few stable programs in the acc at the moment.

Ehhhh I think time will tell. We’ll have our answer if/when his name is attached to an opening in this cycle.

I don’t think the Athletic Director and the president would both say flatly that they were asking him to stay if he were fired.

Watching presser live on ACCN -- this really does sound like he's burnt the fuck out and ready to recharge.

Every coach is a salesman and politician, but everybody I know who covers UVA says he's pretty up front and honest.

Speculation that he wouldn’t get rid of some of his staff? Maybe that’s off.
I've followed Bronco since 2003, he is extremely loyal and I can absolutely see a situation where he was told to make staff changes, but refused and resigned instead.

I’ll miss making fun of Bronco’s windsuits with my Wahoo wife.

The birth of a new rivalry between uva and vt coaches coming in at the same moment. Has to have been a long time since that happened, if ever.

The birth of a new rivalry between uva and vt coaches coming in at the same moment. Has to have been a long time since that happened, if ever.

Lol. Mendenhaal and Fuente started the same season so literally the most recent hires.

The coastal is a disaster. Pitt should be in the driver's seat for awhile.

UVA’s defense this year was even worse than ours.
Yeah it was a tongue in cheek comment. But frankly i don't know anything about his defensive coaching ability, just like i don't know anything about Clawson's defensive coaching ability, apart from the DCs that have been in charge of it.

I did hear he was spotted this morning at the Baton Rouge Harley Davidson dealership. If that helps.

cbd955767917cd090b0f6a706700cf26_t800.jpg

Back