• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

That seems like a big number, but I'm guessing the percentage of white men Republicans who are veterans or active duty military is close to 20%.

I would think that disgruntled and/or dislusioned vets are unsurprising members of this group. I'm much more concerned about active military.

Turns out preparing two decades worth of poorly educated young men to be killers might have some consequences.

That seems like a big number, but I'm guessing the percentage of white men Republicans who are veterans or active duty military is close to 20%.

Poor young men with limited education tend to be attracted to the military. Put on camo. Go camping. Practice shooting weapons. And the military has the biggest, best weapons to be found anywhere.

Poor young men with limited education tend to be attracted to the military. Put on camo. Go camping. Practice shooting weapons. And the military has the biggest, best weapons to be found anywhere.

Combine the cultural worship of the military in many rural areas and the general lack of job opportunities in rural areas generally, and military service has always been appealing to young rural white men, and both sexes nowadays. I saw it a good deal when I was growing up. And some of them seem to think that their military service elevates them above others, especially civilian liberals. You see that a lot on social media too.

141091126_3588280454622246_6995030293652336924_n.jpg

Former student of mine who is a veteran posted this.

141091126_3588280454622246_6995030293652336924_n.jpg

Former student of mine who is a veteran posted this.

Do you teach that kind of narrow mindedness?

Different strokes for different folks, man. Some people are proud to have served their country. Just because you don’t have that mindset doesn’t make it wrong.

Different strokes for different folks, man. Some people are proud to have served their country. Just because you don’t have that mindset doesn’t make it wrong.

if only someone would just respect out military !

Combine the cultural worship of the military in many rural areas and the general lack of job opportunities in rural areas generally, and military service has always been appealing to young rural white men, and both sexes nowadays. I saw it a good deal when I was growing up. And some of them seem to think that their military service elevates them above others, especially civilian liberals. You see that a lot on social media too.

so kinda like a jihadist I guess?

2021 Republican Coup (Attempt?)

Being proud of your military service is not a substitute for personality or identity. The American cultural hyper-reverence for military service is as a political propaganda tool.

Last edited:
Back