• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

Sorry. I didn't you two would be part of a BUBBLE of people who are against the Jan 6 riots instead of calling for more ideological diversity.

“McHugh was convicted in 2010 on a state charge of unlawful sex with a minor, according to California court records reviewed by CNN and lawyers involved in McHugh's cases. McHugh was sentenced to 240 days in jail -- though he served less -- and got four years of probation.

There was DNA evidence that connected McHugh to the girl, former prosecutor Todd Kuhnen told CNN. The victim was 14 years old and McHugh was 23 when the crime occurred, Kuhnen said. The victim also alleged that she was intoxicated when the incident occurred.”

The worst people.

“McHugh was convicted in 2010 on a state charge of unlawful sex with a minor, according to California court records reviewed by CNN and lawyers involved in McHugh's cases. McHugh was sentenced to 240 days in jail -- though he served less -- and got four years of probation.

There was DNA evidence that connected McHugh to the girl, former prosecutor Todd Kuhnen told CNN. The victim was 14 years old and McHugh was 23 when the crime occurred, Kuhnen said. The victim also alleged that she was intoxicated when the incident occurred.”

The worst people.

Only 240 days for raping a 14 year old? What the fuck?

Only 240 days for raping a 14 year old? What the fuck?

Read the article. He didn’t even get 240 days.

“McHugh pleaded no contest to the underage sex charge. Kuhnen said he didn't take the case to trial because he didn't want to "run the victim through the ringer again," and said that the victim and her mother signed off to the plea agreement as part of California's victims' rights law.”

Seems like the prosecutor protected the rapist and pressured the victim and her parents into taking a sweetheart deal.

Read the article. He didn’t even get 240 days.

“McHugh pleaded no contest to the underage sex charge. Kuhnen said he didn't take the case to trial because he didn't want to "run the victim through the ringer again," and said that the victim and her mother signed off to the plea agreement as part of California's victims' rights law.”

Seems like the prosecutor protected the rapist and pressured the victim and her parents into taking a sweetheart deal.

Fucking gross. They’ll kill some people for selling loose cigs and let others free for raping a 14 year old. Justice.

Unrelated to the coup but here's a Florida prosecutor who got off light for rape.
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/new...0210603-wva2n4obezcmbp75ujyj3yn27u-story.html

Lawyer and former prosecutor Andrew John Jones, who was accused almost two years ago ofthe statutory rape of a teen girl working on his judicial campaign, pleaded guilty Thursday to child abuse and tampering with evidence, escaping any jail time in the case.

Jones, 42, was arrested in September 2019 on three counts of unlawful sexual activity by a person older than 24 with a person 16 or 17 years of age, days after he had dropped his candidacy for a seat on the Seminole County judicial bench. Jones was accused of engaging in multiple sexual acts with the teen girl, then buying her the Plan B contraceptive pill the next day, according to his original arrest warrant.

But on Thursday morning, he pleaded guilty to two third-degree felonies, facing a sentence of two years of community control, which is similar tohouse arrest, followed by eight years of probation.

While he wasn’t convicted of a sex crime, his probation includes certain sex offender conditions, including participating in sex offender treatment and not living close to, working or volunteering at any school, daycare, playground or place where children often gather.

The victim, whom the Sentinel is not identifying, spoke at the hearing Thursday about how she continues to suffer from the trauma of her abuse by Jones.

“I have this past that I didn’t choose,” she said. “I remember every detail of the excruciating pain that man caused me.”

She spoke of nightmares she still has from that night, fear over the months sincethat Jones or his father — another powerful lawyer in Seminole County — would find her, and disdain for herself because of what happened.

“While his life may eventually go back to some semblance of normal, mine never will,” she said. “I’m no longer the same and I never will be because of what he did.”

Zach Stoumbos, an attorney representing the victim, said that while Jones avoided sex offender status or prison through the deal, the case derailed his career and halted what had appeared to be an easy path to winning a Seminole County judicial election.

He ruined this girl's life but at least he didn't win an election! (Yet.)

White privilege also includes getting "punished" by taking away a small sliver of that privilege.

The Trumpublicans are getting giddy at the idea of Trump running for the House in 2022, being elected Speaker, impeaching Biden and Harris, serving the remainder of their term, and running for president in 2024.

The Trumpublicans are getting giddy at the idea of Trump running for the House in 2022, being elected Speaker, impeaching Biden and Harris, serving the remainder of their term, and running for president in 2024.

Well I’m sure they’ll have the 67 senators to convict

Don't even need this part for the other steps to take place.

I can't imagine Trump actually running for either the House or Senate - he would loathe having to share the spotlight with 434 other Congresspeople or 99 other Senators, and would probably spend most of his time at his golf course (pretty much what he did as POTUS). He wouldn't enjoy being Speaker either, as he has no idea of what the job entails and no ability to guide debate on the floor. He's far more likely to just push for Biden's impeachment from a distance if the GOP wins a House majority in 2022, as they are highly likely to do. I could definitely see Trump resuming his campaign/political rallies as soon as possible, as he just loves the attention and adoration (and sweet donations) he gets from his flock. But if he runs for office again it will be for POTUS and nothing else.

ETA: Not to mention that he will see any political office other than the presidency as a demotion, and thus his ego would never allow it.

Last edited:
The only job trump would even be more terrible at than President is speaker of the house.

Don't even need this part for the other steps to take place.

Yep. Republicans, by all means run on abusing the rules to install Trump as President. Democrats should respond with Pelosi announcing that she will not be running for Speaker in 2023.

Back