• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Republican Coup (Practice Run)

At this point I'm pretty sure the thread title should be changed to "practice" since something is going to happen again thanks to these great American patriots.

Agreed. I think at this point we're just marking time until there's another 1/6 type insurrection (perhaps even larger or more violent) in DC again or perhaps a state capitol around the country.

Here is a scenario that is th Trumpites dream:
Republicans win the House majority in '22; Trump chosen as speaker.
R's win enough Senate seats to get to 67 votes.
R's impeach, convict and remove both Biden and Harris from office, simultaneously. Trump, as third in line, becomes president.

Highly improbable, as the R's are unlikely to get enough Senate seats to reach 2/3 majority.

you're making the mistake of assuming that the state legislatures won't simply be appointing R's even if they lose

Only t’ pertect us’n frum all that thar fraud perpatrated bye them Democrats!

you're making the mistake of assuming that the state legislatures won't simply be appointing R's even if they lose

There is a large overlap between states with R controlled state legislatures and likely R Senate winners. GA and AZ are two states with D Senators and R legislatures. Where else?

MI but neither of them are up in 2022. WI and PA legislatures are red but the Senate race should lean slightly blue.

I've posted this before, but I think we're just marking time until there is another, and perhaps even larger and more violent, 1/6 type event in DC or a state capitol somewhere. There's plenty of people out there who are just itching for a chance to prove how "patriotic" they are by overthrowing (or at least trying to) the federal or a state government, with the blessings of Dear Leader himself.

You dumb sheeple. The GQP is turning away from trump in droves.

Glad to know that Trumpism is being purged from the GOP. Apparently Trumpites can rewrite history with the best of them.

The fact that Republicans can’t quit this megalomaniac pathological liar and asshole extraordinaire should cause any decent folks remaining to quit the degenerate party.

The fact that Republicans can’t quit this megalomaniac pathological liar and asshole extraordinaire should cause any decent folks remaining to quit the degenerate party.

I’m fairly confident they all have.

Yep. What remain are the deplorables. At the time we thought it was only half. How wrong we were.

We knew it was more than half. Hillary was being generous.

Back