• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

I also think some of Perry's drops on Saturday were off target throws by Hartman that Perry adjusted to and had a chance to catch because he is so athletic.

This is true.

This offense works best when Hartman is just spreading the ball around to multiple targets. I was glad to see Morin be able to slide over into the slot. I think that's going to be his bread and butter next year and possibly the next level. Also glad to see Banks make a few key catches.

I also think some of Perry's drops on Saturday were off target throws by Hartman that Perry adjusted to and had a chance to catch because he is so athletic.

Agreed. There were times in the second half where it felt like Hartman was forcing the ball to Perry because Roberson was out. Obviously Perry has his share of the blame for some of those incompletions, but they weren't all his fault.

It reminded me some of when Sage/Scotty would be injured and the ball would just be force fed to the other one. It's easy to spread the ball around when you have 2+ elite options at WR. It's harder to be willing to spread it around when you only have one on the field.

I don't want Morin in the slot, at least not as the starter. I want Williams there. I hope he is healthy enough to play Saturday and against BC.

It's really amazing we beat State with 0/very few contributions from Greene/Roberson/Williams. We basically ran 3.5 guys out there the entire 2nd half (Perry/Morin/Stewart, with a little Banks) and were still able to put up 21.

Kudos to Stewart for stepping up and making some plays the past few weeks.

Yeah, Keshawn Williams is going to be a fucking stud for us. I like having Morin as our flex guy who can come in and spell any receiver.

Too bad Keyshawn came up hobbly in the State game. Having Roberson or Keyshawn healthy is going to be HUGE for our chances @Clem

Bears mentioning that Donovan Greene is an absolute fucking stud and looked to be our #1 this season before he got hurt. He basically had 600yds on 30 catches last year. Green and Perry are going to be a matchup nightmare next season for opposing DBs

Yeah, Keshawn Williams is going to be a fucking stud for us. I like having Morin as our flex guy who can come in and spell any receiver.

Yep. I like the idea of moving him around and having Williams' primary position be the slot. My only concern is who is behind Williams at slot? Morin and Williams might split reps there just because of numbers. Banks, Perry and Greene should be able to handle most of the outside reps.

Morin is not an outside receiver right now. He's OK there against zone, as he's good at finding holes/seams and getting open (our RPO helps a lot here as well). But, for the most part, he's not gonna beat an outside corner in tight 1 on 1 coverage. Now, he's also super young, and will continue to develop. Bachman had a very hard time getting open, and was a bit of a scapegoat in our early Clawfense, but turned into a solid outside WR by his senior year.

Greene, Perry, & Williams will be an awesome starting 3, with Morin capable of filling in at any spot. Also, I'm not discounting the possibility of Roberson coming back.

I can only remember one really bad drop by Perry on Saturday

He had at least 3. He dropped two on curl/hook routes in the 2nd half, as well as deep route (can't remember if it was a go or a post). The deep route was contested, but it went right through his hands. I'm fairly certain he would consider it a drop.

Morin is not an outside receiver right now. He's OK there against zone, as he's good at finding holes/seams and getting open (our RPO helps a lot here as well). But, for the most part, he's not gonna beat an outside corner in tight 1 on 1 coverage. Now, he's also super young, and will continue to develop. Bachman had a very hard time getting open, and was a bit of a scapegoat in our early Clawfense, but turned into a solid outside WR by his senior year.

Greene, Perry, & Williams will be an awesome starting 3, with Morin capable of filling in at any spot. Also, I'm not discounting the possibility of Roberson coming back.

I agree with most of this, but this is Morin's third year in the program. I wouldn't exactly call that super young even if he classifies as a R-FR right now.

Also is the Bachman comp related to anything other than both of them being white? Morin is shifty and more of a possession WR. Bachman was strictly an outside WR from what I remember. Other than race/size they don't seem similar at all to me, but this is like the fifth time I've seen that comparison on this board

Hartman and Perry both looked out of sync - it was a very sloppy half of football for both of them, and a testament to the strength of our offense that even on a bad day with Roberson hurt we still scored 45 on one of the best defenses in the country.

Agreed. There were times in the second half where it felt like Hartman was forcing the ball to Perry because Roberson was out. Obviously Perry has his share of the blame for some of those incompletions, but they weren't all his fault.

It reminded me some of when Sage/Scotty would be injured and the ball would just be force fed to the other one. It's easy to spread the ball around when you have 2+ elite options at WR. It's harder to be willing to spread it around when you only have one on the field.

Yeah. I really don't like throwing up 50/50 balls in key 3rd and long situations and it seems like we've done that plenty of times in the last two games.

I agree with most of this, but this is Morin's third year in the program. I wouldn't exactly call that super young even if he classifies as a R-FR right now.

Also is the Bachman comp related to anything other than both of them being white? Morin is shifty and more of a possession WR. Bachman was strictly an outside WR from what I remember. Other than race/size they don't seem similar at all to me, but this is like the fifth time I've seen that comparison on this board

They don't seem similar yet Morin also plays on the outside. Maybe "super young" was a reference to his age. Does he have a late birthday?

Banks looks the part as well. It's crazy how we're reloading at that position.

If it’s 3rd and ten on the game winning drive in the acc championship game and Hartman slings it, I hope it’s going to Roberson. Because if it is anywhere near him, it’s a catch .

We won bc our offense actually score late to give us a two score lead late in the 4th...bc our defense did not stop them...and the special teams on the onside didn't win the game - State lost it by inches. I love the win like everybody, but I didn't see anything that makes me feel better about our chances in a close game (TD or less lead) in the 4th going forward.

I spoke to an NFL scout and he said that Williams might be the best of the lot.

Williams looks like he has some of that "it" factor that is part of every great football player. He just needs some more game reps.

Williams looks like he has some of that "it" factor that is part of every great football player. He just needs some more game reps.

I think some you guys are selling Morin short, seems to have good hands and is very elusive. Had a really good punt and kick return for us Saturday, to go with some big catches. Williams is going to be special though.

I would assume we could have our pick of WRs in the portal that could qualify if we need to go that route.

I wouldn’t sell more production from TE down the stretch short either. I think that helps keep the pressure off hartman without CBS to block.

Back