• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

He had at least 3. He dropped two on curl/hook routes in the 2nd half, as well as deep route (can't remember if it was a go or a post). The deep route was contested, but it went right through his hands. I'm fairly certain he would consider it a drop.

the deep route ball I'm thinking of did pass his hands but it was after a significant adjustment to an underthrown ball that probably should have been broken up by the State DB, making it a really tough catch, imo

I am thinking of one of the curl/hook routes -- he may have had another, but I can only recall the one

ACC Regular season win totals (via DraftKings):

OOC Games and ACC crossover games provided.

WF 6.5 (over -134/ under +105) ODU, Norfolk State, @ UNC; Duke and @ UVA

Clemson 11.5 -- UGA (in CLT), SC State, UCONN, S Carolina; @ Pitt and GT
UNC 10 -- GA State, @ ND, Wofford, WF; @ NC State and FSU
Miami 9.5 -- Bama (in the GA Dome), App. State, Michigan State, Central CT; NC State and @ FSU
L'ville 7 -- Ole Miss (in the GA Dome), EKU, UCF and @KY; @ Duke and UVA
BC 7 -- Colgate, UMASS, @ Temple, Missouri; VT and @ GT
Pitt 7 -- UMASS, at TN, W. Michigan, New Hampshire; Clemson and @ Cuse
VT 7 -- MTSU, @ WV, Richmond, ND; Cuse and @ BC
NC State 6 -- USF, @ Miss State, Furman, LA Tech; @ Miami and UNC
UVA 6 -- W&M, Illinois, @ BYU, ND; WF and @ L'ville
FSU 5.5 -- ND, J'ville State, UMASS, Florida; @ UNC and Miami
GT 5 -- NIU, Kennesaw State, @ ND; UGA; @Clemson and BC
Duke 3.5 -- @ Charlotte, NC A&T, NW, KS; @WF and L'ville
Cuse 3 -- @ Ohio, Rutgers, Albany, Liberty; @ VT and Pitt

ND 9: @FSU, Toledo, Purdue, Wisconsin (in Chicago), Cincy, @ VT, USC, UNC, Navy, @ UVA, GT, Stanford

Early leans:

Clemson under (they just need to lose one; you win if Clemson loses to UGA in the opener, and Clemson either loses or almost loses to one random team almost every year: BC last year, Cuse, Pitt)
Miami under (they will lose the opener, and don't see Miami going 10-1 the rest of the way)
Pitt over (they have 5 automatic wins: UMASS, W. Michigan, NH, Duke and @ Cuse; the rest of their schedule isn't that daunting, and they only need to go 3-4 to get to 8)
FSU under (how do they get to 6 wins? Will be big dogs against ND, @ UF, @ Clemson, @ UNC; don't see FSU going 6-2 in their remaining games)
Duke over (they crushed Charlotte last year, A&T is a bunny, and KS doesn't have a FB program right now; the Devils only need to win one other game to get to 4)

ND over (realize they lost a lot, but they only play 3 true road games all year, and should be favored in all 3; there is no game on the schedule that they can't win).

BTW, how bad is the perception of the Cuse program that their win total is 3, and their OOC schedule is Ohio, Albany, Rutgers and Liberty?

I went back to see some predictions. Boy, were some of these so wrong.

I would assume we could have our pick of WRs in the portal that could qualify if we need to go that route.

I wouldn’t sell more production from TE down the stretch short either. I think that helps keep the pressure off hartman without CBS to block.

Can you spell Grimes?!

We won bc our offense actually score late to give us a two score lead late in the 4th...bc our defense did not stop them...and the special teams on the onside didn't win the game - State lost it by inches. I love the win like everybody, but I didn't see anything that makes me feel better about our chances in a close game (TD or less lead) in the 4th going forward.

You just described how we won! Defense stopped them early and State got ZERO points off Sam’s 3 picks. And offense scored late in a close 1 score game in Q4.

Can you spell the last true freshman WR who made an impact on a consistent basis?

No but the transfer portal? In Higgins we trust. Don’t get me wrong as I love Stewart’s game but Greene, Morin, Williams, Banks seems to be a pretty good base.

Last edited:
Clawson is so savvy. He knows the impact that coaching rumors can have on his team (and him) during the season. No distractions. Eye on the prize. Guessing that he told his agent:

a) Don't want to hear about any offers during the season
b) Any school that contacts you about whether is interest, will be immediately eliminated if any rumors leak about that school having Clawson on its short list

Clawson has leverage. So, if a school with an opening doesn't want to play by his rules, they are off the list.

This is wishful thinking and has zero chance for accuracy.

I haven't been in Groves in a long time, but I was there the day it opened. The bench seats always had backs.

I guess someone needs to give me the definition of a "chair back." I apologize for my ignorance regarding this nomenclature.

No but the transfer portal? In Higgins we trust. Don’t get me wrong as I love Stewart’s game but Greene, Morin, Williams, Banks seems to be a pretty good base.

Why wouldn’t we take talent that wants to come play here? I’m sure msu was happy about their RB recruits 15 months ago too.

I haven't been in Groves in a long time, but I was there the day it opened. The bench seats always had backs.

I guess someone needs to give me the definition of a "chair back." I apologize for my ignorance regarding this nomenclature.

I think the key word here is “chair.” The middle sections of the West Stands and a few of the East have coliseum-style chairs vs. the benches. Both have backs.

Why wouldn’t we take talent that wants to come play here? I’m sure msu was happy about their RB recruits 15 months ago too.

Academics, why they are leaving their current program, several reasons come to mind. If you build a culture like Clawson has, you use the portal for need, not because someone wants to come play here.
Everyone I mentioned is a current player, not a recruit so keep playing the KWlll once in a lifetime transfer Heisman card.

Academics, why they are leaving their current program, several reasons come to mind. If you build a culture like Clawson has, you use the portal for need, not because someone wants to come play here.
Everyone I mentioned is a current player, not a recruit so keep playing the KWlll once in a lifetime transfer Heisman card.

How about the Miles Fox card? Put 11 guys like number 11 on the defense and we’re a better football team. I think that college football hasn’t quite settled on the transfer portal as a strategy just yet. There are tons of reasons guys leave. All the coaching turnover is one. I would like to see us remain strategically ahead of the curve if we can.

How about the Miles Fox card? Put 11 guys like number 11 on the defense and we’re a better football team. I think that college football hasn’t quite settled on the transfer portal as a strategy just yet. There are tons of reasons guys leave. All the coaching turnover is one. I would like to see us remain strategically ahead of the curve if we can.

Pass coverage would suffer somewhat with 11 Miles Foxes(did I just do that?) but yes he is a stud, and yes we needed DLine when he came as a Grad Transfer, not portal. We are ahead of the curve on so many levels. In Claw we Trust.

Chelen Garnes is another guy from the portal (from Navy). He's a soph who played a lot for Navy as a Freshman there. He's played well for Wake this season until he got hurt.

Pass coverage would suffer somewhat with 11 Miles Foxes(did I just do that?) but yes he is a stud, and yes we needed DLine when he came as a Grad Transfer, not portal. We are ahead of the curve on so many levels. In Claw we Trust.

Yeah I love Miles to death, but I don't want to see him trying to cover wide receivers.

Back