• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Wake Forest Football Season

Gentle reminder that our offense is without D. Greene and J. Nash.

Gordon has done a good job in place of Nash and we're loaded at received. Adding a healthy Greene next year is going to be delicious icing on the cake

Clemson’s O-Line looks vulnerable to me. Really hope we don’t rush three and go prevent if we go up on them next Saturday.

Obviously Roberson and Perry have been studs this year but the younger wideouts have made some huge plays. Pumped to see Key and Morin going forward.

ESPN back on their bullshit this morning. In the weekly CFB takeaways column the section on Wake Forest is just titled “Why isn’t Dave Clawson linked to more job openings?”. They really want us back in the basement ASAP.

ESPN back on their bullshit this morning. In the weekly CFB takeaways column the section on Wake Forest is just titled “Why isn’t Dave Clawson linked to more job openings?”. They really want us back in the basement ASAP.

ESPN: Doesn't talk about Clawson.
Clawson: 9-1
ESPN: Why doesn't anyone talk about Clawson?

Clawson is so savvy. He knows the impact that coaching rumors can have on his team (and him) during the season. No distractions. Eye on the prize. Guessing that he told his agent:

a) Don't want to hear about any offers during the season
b) Any school that contacts you about whether is interest, will be immediately eliminated if any rumors leak about that school having Clawson on its short list

Clawson has leverage. So, if a school with an opening doesn't want to play by his rules, they are off the list.

Interesting. As good a season as Perry has had, Roberson has clearly been better.

Roberson has more catches, but Perry has more yards and more TDs, which I'm pretty sure is all the consideration the award committee actually gives

Perry has been a huge beneficiary of the gravity on the defense that Roberson creates

Roberson has more catches, but Perry has more yards and more TDs, which I'm pretty sure is all the consideration the award committee actually gives

Perry has been a huge beneficiary of the gravity on the defense that Roberson creates

This is true.

Yep. Perry had trouble with all the targets he got without Roberson on the field.

Yep. Perry had trouble with all the targets he got without Roberson on the field.

Most (all?) of Perry's drops were on intermediate throws that were like 7-12 yards from the line of scrimmage. It seems pretty obvious that those types of routes are more of Roberson's strength whereas Perry is more of a deep threat WR.

If Roberson is out against Clemson I'd like to see a lot more of those intermediate targets go to Morin, Williams, and Stewart. That way we can continue using Perry the way we have all year (deep balls) instead of giving him 20+ targets. We have the WR depth to handle losing Roberson if it comes to that, but it's going to be a problem if Hartman just forces the ball to Perry a million times instead of spreading the ball around more.

I also think some of Perry's drops on Saturday were off target throws by Hartman that Perry adjusted to and had a chance to catch because he is so athletic.

Back