• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022-23 College Basketball Coaching Carousel

Who is doing this? I think we're all just pointing out that Forbes has connections to a number of sketchy dudes, which is less than ideal. Did anyone extrapolate from there and say that means Forbes and somehow Monsanto are stained? Not that I've seen.
There's an implication here that... is less than ideal.

There's an implication here that... is less than ideal.
I mean yea if three of my fraternity brothers from Wake got arrested or accused of abusive acts it would certainly be less than ideal for me, even if I myself am squeaky clean. It's less than ideal to be associated with shady characters, that's not news or accusatory.

Pat Kelsey would jump at the ND job. Earl Grant left Charleston for BC. Charleston plays in the same conference as Elon, Stonybrook, Monmouth and Drexel. He's not staying at that level if he has an opportunity to coach at a Power Conference.

I mean yea if three of my fraternity brothers from Wake got arrested or accused of abusive acts it would certainly be less than ideal for me, even if I myself am squeaky clean. It's less than ideal to be associated with shady characters, that's not news or accusatory.
We'll just disagree about the implication you keep making about their association.

Fraternities are so lame.

Fraternities are so lame.
Always thought the same thing and only joined because there is no other way to enjoy school in a country with a drinking age that keeps 75% of college students out of bars. But, ended up being great. Regardless, you get my analogy, and it could have been friends from chess club instead of a fraternity if it makes you feel better.

He will be coaching in 2023-4. Maybe even in a power conference.

Forbes seems like the kind of guy that is friends with everybody and a few of those friends getting in trouble doesn’t and shouldn’t reflect on Forbes. Working along side someone is very different than living in a house with and sharing a toothbrush with your frat bros.
Wait you guys didn't share toothbrushes?

He will be coaching in 2023-4. Maybe even in a power conference.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Texas and any litigation or settlement related to his contract.

Is Beard still engaged or dating the woman involved in the incident? They seem like they might be toxic for each other.

Fuck! We might be brothers

Back