• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

He might have waited a little bit too long. He did get 6 years, which is something I heard he wanted. With California's income tax not sure he came out as well as on the financial side but it's still a ton of money. He gets to play close to where he grew up and already spends the offseason with his family in California.

Well, Freddie got close to what he was asking, so the ask wasn't unreasonable, although it wouldn't work for the Braves.
Good for Freddie, and good for the Braves it seems to me.

Got tix for me and the Boy to attend the Friday/Saturday games of the series against in the Angels in July. This will be our first trip to Truist Park, so I'm pretty pumped.

Snit is learning. He plans to platoon lead off with Ozzie and Rosario until Acuna is back.

Nice. We’re going in may for the Saturday Padres game. Truist was awesome when I was there the season it opened. I imagine it had changed quite a bit with the restaurants opening. Seems like it’s a pretty big success.

Going to see Braves games here in DC this year is going to be like $5 for club seats. Sweet.

Going to see Braves games here in DC this year is going to be like $5 for club seats. Sweet.

Nice. Tickets in Truist Park for the weekend Angels series was....not cheap. But, it'll be the Boy's first trip to a MLB park, and my first trip to Truist, so I wanted to hook it up.

Dansby with a horrible night. Strider was the highlight. And hopefully Riley will remain an All Star caliber player.

Cool ring. You can pick up a replica at the stadium when you order a burger.

“The half-pound waygu beef burger, called "The World Champions Burger," is served on a toasted, Irish-buttered brioche bun. The other toppings are pan-fried eggs, gold-leaf-wrapped Hudson Valley foie gras, grilled cold water lobster tail, heirloom tomato, garden-fresh Bibb lettuce, Tillamook cheddar cheese and truffle aioli.”

$151.

The $151 price tag is in honor of the Braves' 151st year of existence.

Watching Kyle Wright absolutely dominate was fun. You could see last year he had great stuff but lacked the command and confidence to put it together.

When Acuna gets back the A-lineup from the Braves is just ridiculous. Acuna/Albies/Olson/Riley/Ozuna/Duval/Rosario/d'Arnoud/Swanson. Crazy.

Big W though. Good to see Max get on track. Not sure Braves can afford him, but wouldn't be surprised if AA makes a play for Carlos Correa, assuming the twins aren't in the playoff hunt

He’s probably opting out after the season & of the twins are out of it, price might not be too high. However, if we have to give up Harris, just wait till the off-season.

Braves need to get one of Correa, Turner, or Bogaerts next offseason. Hopefully which ever one signs for shortest deal.

Back