• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Braves need to get one of Correa, Turner, or Bogaerts next offseason. Hopefully which ever one signs for shortest deal.

I meant to add that the Braves and Correa apparently had a lot of mutual interest in the offseason, which was a bit surprising at the time, but now makes a lot more sense.

Swanson has always been streaky. The one concern is the uptick in strikeouts. While he had an excellent 2021 season, he struck out 167 times last year, the most in any season by 40+. This year, Swanson has already struck out 21 times in 50 plate appearances. Got to be better at putting the ball in play.

Feel like we've been hitting shots right at people this game. Frustrating

As long as you don't get swept at LAD it's a win in my book

I feel like this offense is just going to scuffle until Acuña is back. We basically have 7-8 bats right now and with the DH that’s not enough.

He’s baaaaaack

Riley being a for real all star caliber player is so nice and extends our window. Hopefully Harris will be a real piece to pair with Acuna in outfield.

Time to ditch the 6th starter of AAAA guys.

Might be time to worry on Matzek. Underlying numbers not good and velo down.

Another very frustrating start to season.

This team has entirely too many all-or-nothing swingers. I will never know why we kept Duvall and I have serious issues with Ozuna. Albies is too much of a free swinger. There are problems up and down this lineup. Changes gotta be made. Nobody wants to learn to hit outside the shift. This team is near the top of the league in strikeouts and home runs. Those two are linked. Hitting coach needs a swift kick.

You're definitely not wrong, but you realize Duvall led the league in RBI's last year, playing over half the season on a shitty Marlins team, right?

Back