• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Jansen leaving the game
giphy.gif

Second year in a row we have a closer who is clearly not our best reliever and I would argue is actually not even top 2.

Second year in a row we have a closer who is clearly not our best reliever and I would argue is actually not even top 2.

Completely agree. Jansen looks good and piles up the stats vs bad to middling teams, but going to struggle against top hitting teams so very nervous for playoffs.

Saw Peter Moylan and the WS Trophy and Rings at the grand opening of a new Academy Outdoor yesterday. He was a super nice guy.

Woof yeah man last year was such a disaster...

The postseason was awesome and Smith was awesome in it. Don’t forget how terrible he was during the regular season though.

On another note, I think we need to be tied/leading the division by the end of the Mets/Dodgers series this week. Their schedule is a laugher in September. Ours is too but we don’t need to just be playing catch-up all month.

Get tonight then sweep the rocks while the Mets lose to the Dodgers without Shertzer who lost 1-0 today

What a neat feature ESPN just did, going micd up and closeup thru Adam Wainright’s full outfield then bullpen warmup. Outstanding inside from the Mothership.

Minter just gave up (likely) game losing HRs to the 9 hitter and a bench player. Pretty brutal. Also, Snitker is a moron for pitching him 3 days in a row, including a blowout.

For a bullpen that has been so lauded, they really aren’t very good and I certainly don’t ever feel confident.

For a bullpen that has been so lauded, they really aren’t very good and I certainly don’t ever feel confident.

Statistically they’ve been good but it never feels that way because they rarely have shutdown innings. Janzen is second in the MLB with 29 saves.

It always "feels" like the bullpen inherits a 7-1 lead and hangs on for a 7-5 win.

Once you blow a save, it takes a while to get momentum back.

Deflating. They looked deflated yesterday.

I would too. 2 Blown saves in a row. To be fair, the hitting needs to be better as well. This team should put up 6 or 7 runs /game.

Wish we could have snagged one of those 2, but in general 3 back after that run through the Mets, Astros, and Cards isn't the end of the world. Hopefully a nice day off today, good run against bad teams for a while to get everyone right.

Crazy that we play 13 consecutive games against the Phillies and Nats down the stretch in September.

Snitker basically gets a pass this year after last year's amazing run, but he's always seemingly struggled to manage a pitching staff, particularly a bullpen. Pitching Minter and Iglesias on Friday in a blowout was so dumb. Not leaving McHugh in to pitch to a righty to lead off the 8th after only throwing 4 pitches (and having much more rest than Minter) was also very dumb.

Part of what makes Snit a great manager is the trust he has in his guys and the camaraderie that breeds in the clubhouse, but there are times when pitchers, even very good (and overused) pitchers, just don't have it. A manager has to know when to have a quick hook.

Strider with one of the best pitching performances I’ve ever seen

Back