• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

16 Ks and 0 walks. Wow. Broke Smoltz's Braves single game strikeout record of 15 and...

That’s not the end of the history Strider made, though. He became the sixth pitcher ever with at least eight innings pitched, at least 16 strikeouts, no more than two hits, and no walks in a single start. The last pitcher to do it was Corey Kluber in 2015. The rest of the list is a who’s-who of dominant modern hurlers: Max Scherzer, Johan Santana, Pedro Martinez and Kerry Wood.

Pretty good for a guy that started the season in the bullpen.

We gained 0 ground on the Mets while we played the Rockies and they played the Dodgers. Division feels over even thought it’s only 3 games.

If I recall correctly the schedules are even except the Mets play the Pirates 7 times and the Braves play the Phillies 7 times. Big difference. Braves only advantage is that the 3 games left with the Mets are at home. I think the Mets get the tiebreaker unless the Braves sweep that series.

I will have hope if the deficit does not go beyond 3 games, although sweeping that 3 game series is against the odds.

I would give the Braves just under a 20% chance of taking the division.

Its baseball. 3 games can flip in one weekend. plenty of baseball left to play. Just gotta keep winning.

Don’t know tonight’s outcome but with 5 starters, why a bullpen game with Elder and can we afford it still chasing the Mets by 3?

Don’t know tonight’s outcome but with 5 starters, why a bullpen game with Elder and can we afford it still chasing the Mets by 3?

Odorizzi has arm fatigue or something. I don’t remember but they are skipping his start.

Elder is apparently great as long as he faces the Marlins. That’s two awesome starts against them in the last few weeks.

Why do I feel nervous with Jansen in a 1 run game.? Flashback trauma. Pls prove me wrong and get save #32

When they showed that shift against Harris, I was gonna post, he has to try to go that way! Let’s Go!

Back