• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2022 Atlanta Braves Season Thread: off season decisions loom

Im with ya. It may be time to give Adeiny and Charlie a shot. I will say though, Riley and Camargo have looked good in the field but you can’t have multiple people in the lineup just for their glove.

Agree on all points. Charlie has given us a short term lift multiple times over the past couple of seasons. Lets see if he can do it again.

Eh, I wouldn't consider Adeiny as an upgrade at the plate.

I’m very curious if they are calling Pache up because they need the OF depth without Nick or if it’s because they think he’s actually ready. In the first case he’ll just be a defensive replacement every night but in the second he’ll actually get the start in CF.

I’m very curious if they are calling Pache up because they need the OF depth without Nick or if it’s because they think he’s actually ready. In the first case he’ll just be a defensive replacement every night but in the second he’ll actually get the start in CF.

Curious as well. It’s not the usual time where your leave him down in the first case to keep getting reps and playing everyday as there aren’t any real reps occurring outside of the MLB.

Curious as well. It’s not the usual time where your leave him down in the first case to keep getting reps and playing everyday as there aren’t any real reps occurring outside of the MLB.

Yeah but they aren’t going to risk destroying his confidence at the plate if they don’t think he’s ready. He’s available but not starting tonight, which is probably a sign that he’s just here as a temporary thing with Acuña and Markakis out.

Yeah but they aren’t going to risk destroying his confidence at the plate if they don’t think he’s ready. He’s available but not starting tonight, which is probably a sign that he’s just here as a temporary thing with Acuña and Markakis out.

Honestly, I’m ok with that. As much as I want him up and in Inciarte’s spot, I feel like we rushed Riley and it has been a detriment to him.

Honestly, I’m ok with that. As much as I want him up and in Inciarte’s spot, I feel like we rushed Riley and it has been a detriment to him.

I agree with that. There’s a certain amount of improvement at the plate that has to happen at the MLB level, but Riley’s inability to hit breaking balls post-ASG last year was probably a sign that he wasn’t ready in the first place.

I agree with that. There’s a certain amount of improvement at the plate that has to happen at the MLB level, but Riley’s inability to hit breaking balls post-ASG last year was probably a sign that he wasn’t ready in the first place.

On the other hand, my heart just won out over my head and I added Pache in fantasy so throw him in there!

I think Pache isn't starting because they were having trouble or really cutting it close to time to get Pache to the stadium.

Lol the Nats have batted around because of shitty fielding and Snit being a moron. Why leave Matzek in for 7 batters with 6 hits? Comical.

11 runners left on base is brutal. 4 times the leadoff man has gotten on and not scored, and I think 3 have been on 3rd with less than 2 outs and not gotten in.

Why does Matt Adams get AB’s? Just because there is a righty starter doesn’t mandate that we have to DH a lefty Snit

Why does Matt Adams get AB’s? Just because there is a righty starter doesn’t mandate that we have to DH a lefty Snit

Who would you prefer? Yeah, he golden sombrero’d tonight but over the course of the season he’s probably our best full time DH.

Who would you prefer? Yeah, he golden sombrero’d tonight but over the course of the season he’s probably our best full time DH.

Once Acuña and Markakis are healthy you play an OF of Duvall-Acuña-Markakis and DH Ozuna. Others in the OF rotation can be Riley/Ender/Pache (?). I guess you are right in that last night, without Acuña, Markakis and Ozzie, options are not really there.

Ozuna shouldn’t be touching a glove anyways though, so fully committing to DH-ing him fixes the defense and the DH problem. Matt Adams is fine as a situational pinch hitter, but he doesn’t need to get 4-5 AB’s a game.

Once Acuña and Markakis are healthy you play an OF of Duvall-Acuña-Markakis and DH Ozuna. Others in the OF rotation can be Riley/Ender/Pache (?). I guess you are right in that last night, without Acuña, Markakis and Ozzie, options are not really there.

Ozuna shouldn’t be touching a glove anyways though, so fully committing to DH-ing him fixes the defense and the DH problem. Matt Adams is fine as a situational pinch hitter, but he doesn’t need to get 4-5 AB’s a game.

Agree with this 100%, other than Riley playing almost exclusively at third, with Camargo getting spot duty once Ozzie is back. Riley's swing actually looked much better last night. Robbed of a home run at 405 feet, and then robbed of a hit at 225 feet because Eaton was somehow playing way in, perfectly for him to hit it there. Camargo did crank a double, but the rest of his ABs looked as lost as usual.

I’m also a little interested as to why Culberson only has 6 ABs this year. I’d think they’d be willing to try to play Culberson at corner OF and DH Ozuna instead of Ozuna in corner OF and DH Adams on nights like last night.

Back